[HELP] Battlefield 1 Process lasso setup

Started by moessie900, April 12, 2017, 01:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moessie900

Hi guys,

Currently me and a lot of battlefield 1 players are having issues with stutter, micro stutter, spikes, fps drop etc. even with the newest hardware.

This is my current setup:

MSI H110M Eco
Intel i5 7400 @ 3.5 Ghz Boost
MSI GTX 1060 6GT
16GB 2x 8GB HyperX Fury DDR4 @ 2133 Mhz
Samsung 750 Evo 250GB
Corsair CX450M 80 PLUS® Bronze
Windows 10 Pro

I've read that process lasso may increase my performance, decrease lagg, fps drop, stutter etc.

Now i need explanation about the process lasso settings i need to do so.

Thank you :D

edkiefer

Quote from: moessie900 on April 12, 2017, 01:17:52 PM
Hi guys,

Currently me and a lot of battlefield 1 players are having issues with stutter, micro stutter, spikes, fps drop etc. even with the newest hardware.

This is my current setup:

MSI H110M Eco
Intel i5 7400 @ 3.5 Ghz Boost
MSI GTX 1060 6GT
16GB 2x 8GB HyperX Fury DDR4 @ 2133 Mhz
Samsung 750 Evo 250GB
Corsair CX450M 80 PLUS® Bronze
Windows 10 Pro

I've read that process lasso may increase my performance, decrease lagg, fps drop, stutter etc.

Now i need explanation about the process lasso settings i need to do so.

Thank you :D
Hi I to play BF1, it is mostly smooth for me, but most issues IMO are either network related or just the game engine.
I see you are on i5 quad core, this is one issue, BF1 BF4 etc will have a quad core at pretty high usage (my i5-3570k@4.5Ghz) is like 80-905 usage on most maps.
If you can OC your CPU that will help some, you could also try DX12 mode since you have 10series card, but my findings it is more sporadic in fps.

As far as PL setting, all you really need to do is set BF1 to game/performance  mode (while game running, right click on BF1 in process list and enable "classify as a high performance process"
This will make sure the game uses BHP power plan while it runs and you have Processlasso Probalance working in background to handle any background processes that might try to run things (CPU% wise), which it will reduce priority if any do.

PS, If your using free version you have to manually set performance mode on/off from tray menu options or file menu.

How much it will affect depends on your system, app installed and how the game options are setup.

Hope this helps.
Bitsum QA Engineer

moessie900

Quote from: edkiefer on April 12, 2017, 03:16:01 PM
Hi I to play BF1, it is mostly smooth for me, but most issues IMO are either network related or just the game engine.
I see you are on i5 quad core, this is one issue, BF1 BF4 etc will have a quad core at pretty high usage (my i5-3570k@4.5Ghz) is like 80-905 usage on most maps.
If you can OC your CPU that will help some, you could also try DX12 mode since you have 10series card, but my findings it is more sporadic in fps.

As far as PL setting, all you really need to do is set BF1 to game/performance  mode (while game running, right click on BF1 in process list and enable "classify as a high performance process"
This will make sure the game uses BHP power plan while it runs and you have Processlasso Probalance working in background to handle any background processes that might try to run things (CPU% wise), which it will reduce priority if any do.

PS, If your using free version you have to manually set performance mode on/off from tray menu options or file menu.

How much it will affect depends on your system, app installed and how the game options are setup.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, it definitely improved my performance. Too bad i can't overclock my non K i5 7400, planning to go for an i7 7700 or switch to AM4 with the R5 1600.

I have 3 questions left:

1 When i already have my main power plan set to ''bitsum highest performance'' do i need to select it @ the power plan of bf1.exe too or just leave it on ''None''

2 Do i need to exclude bf1.exe from ProBalance restraint ( it's enable on my main profile )

3 Are there more options i can do to avoid stutter and fps drop?

Thank you!

edkiefer

Quote from: moessie900 on April 14, 2017, 04:51:42 PM
Thank you, it definitely improved my performance. Too bad i can't overclock my non K i5 7400, planning to go for an i7 7700 or switch to AM4 with the R5 1600.

I have 3 questions left:

1 When i already have my main power plan set to ''bitsum highest performance'' do i need to select it @ the power plan of bf1.exe too or just leave it on ''None''

2 Do i need to exclude bf1.exe from ProBalance restraint ( it's enable on my main profile )

3 Are there more options i can do to avoid stutter and fps drop?

Thank you!
1) if you already use BHP power plan as default, you don't need to do anything with power plan specific to BF1 or any game.
2), no you don't need to do this as focused, foreground app are not affected by probalance (it doesn't hurt but not needed).
3)Processlasso is engineered by design to handle most thing on its won with no need for user "tweaks" but some advanced users like to permanently lower some specific processes or even set there affinity.
You need to be careful doing this as the more you tweak things permanently (setting always)  the more issues, conflicts might happen (things you didn't think about while adjusting)
Bitsum QA Engineer

moessie900

Quote from: edkiefer on April 14, 2017, 05:36:23 PM
1) if you already use BHP power plan as default, you don't need to do anything with power plan specific to BF1 or any game.
2), no you don't need to do this as focused, foreground app are not affected by probalance (it doesn't hurt but not needed).
3)Processlasso is engineered by design to handle most thing on its won with no need for user "tweaks" but some advanced users like to permanently lower some specific processes or even set there affinity.
You need to be careful doing this as the more you tweak things permanently (setting always)  the more issues, conflicts might happen (things you didn't think about while adjusting)

Hi thanks again!

I'm not sure why Performance mode is keep going off and on while i'm in the game. Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Tried it a few times after startup. Opened bf1 and left it run for a few seconds and closed it to see the results in PL history.

edkiefer

Sometimes at very begining you might see it go on off on, its just the way BF1 and Origin auto start, but while in game it should stay on.

One thing don't try multiple settings of same thing, meaning don't set BF1 app power plan to BHP and set it to performance mode, only do one as that is all needed.

Play game and alt-tab out and see if its still in performance mode and BHP plan, it should be or just play long enough and look at log.
You can see in graph in your pic its in performance mode.

Also what version of PL are you using?
Also tell me how your toggling performance mode, I see you have free version are you still using BF1 app as perfomance mode or you toggling proformance mode on manually, by tray option ?
I am not seeing a issue while playing, it stays on whole time.

PS: you don't need to raise BF1 priority to high, you can leave it normal or at most set it to above normal.
Bitsum QA Engineer

moessie900

Quote from: edkiefer on April 14, 2017, 06:52:41 PM
Sometimes at very begining you might see it go on off on, its just the way BF1 and Origin auto start, but while in game it should stay on.

One thing don't try multiple settings of same thing, meaning don't set BF1 app power plan to BHP and set it to performance mode, only do one as that is all needed.

Play game and alt-tab out and see if its still in performance mode and BHP plan, it should be or just play long enough and look at log.
You can see in graph in your pic its in performance mode.

Also what version of PL are you using?
Also tell me how your toggling performance mode, I see you have free version are you still using BF1 app as perfomance mode or you toggling proformance mode on manually, by tray option ?
I am not seeing a issue while playing, it stays on whole time.

PS: you don't need to raise BF1 priority to high, you can leave it normal or at most set it to above normal.

It seems like you're right, it stays on while in game and sometimes goes on and off at startup.

I'm running the last version that dropped today. I think i'm in trial right now because I've been using it for a couple of days now, so performance mode should launch automatically. I read somewhere that the trial is 14-30 days.

I'm currently testing with process lasso to see if it's worth it to buy the pro version.

edkiefer

Ok, yes, should be fine.

Well worth pro version IMO as it is updated very frequently.
Bitsum QA Engineer

moessie900

Quote from: edkiefer on April 14, 2017, 07:38:10 PM
Ok, yes, should be fine.

Well worth pro version IMO as it is updated very frequently.

What are the advantages for me as i'm going to use performance mode for games/editing software only. 

It's currently 20% off so this might be a good time to purchase.

edkiefer

It depends on your sue and options used.

Most of the more advanced features are Pro after trail.
I forget all of them but performance mode per app, smarttrim, idlesver, per process tweaking, etc.

Just use it for a week or two and you will have better idea of your needs.
Also check out FAQ as it answers many common ones.
https://bitsum.com/pl-faq/
Bitsum QA Engineer

moessie900

Quote from: edkiefer on April 14, 2017, 08:15:30 PM
It depends on your sue and options used.

Most of the more advanced features are Pro after trail.
I forget all of them but performance mode per app, smarttrim, idlesver, per process tweaking, etc.

Just use it for a week or two and you will have better idea of your needs.

Thanks, will do!

After going from high to above normal, my fps dropped from 80~ to 45. Usually when using high it will drop to 60 at intense situations.

edkiefer

I really doubt it is because of high priority, but after more testing you do find that, well change it to high.

Just know that the more processes in the process list that are above normal, the harder for probalance and windows priority will work smoothly, it is ok to have one or two but be careful.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

... just to add, I tested 'foreground boosting' for a while, which is the simple bolstering of the foreground process, something Windows already does, but I was adding onto. This can cause problems with some games, so I do not recommend any use set any game to a non-normal priority. Let the game manage itself. If it needs a higher priority class, then it will request one. Meanwhile, ProBalance will keep the background hogs at bay ;)
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.