Steamwebhelper restarting error log.

Started by Michael, February 17, 2020, 12:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

When steamwebhelper has autorestart on:

Time,Computer name,User name,PID,Process name,Action,More info,Path,Command line
02-17-2020 00:35:28,DESKTOP-QBLGML4,T,0,131072 --disable-features=outofblinkcors --log-file="c:\program files (x86)\steam\logs\cef_log.txt" --product-version="valve steam client" --lang=en-us --buildid=1581460722 --steamid=0 --gpu-preferences=kaaaaaaaaadgaaagaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacgaa,Error occurred launching the process,This process is configured to be kept running at all times.,131072 --disable-features=outofblinkcors --log-file="c:\program files (x86)\steam\logs\cef_log.txt" --product-version="valve steam client" --lang=en-us --buildid=1581460722 --steamid=0 --gpu-preferences=kaaaaaaaaadgaaagaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacgaaaaeaaaaiaaaaaaaaaaoaaaaaaaaadaaaaaaaaaaoaaaaaaaaaaqaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafaaaaeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabgaaabaaaaaaaaaaaqaaaauaaaaqaaaaaaaaaaeaaaagaaaa --use-gl=swiftshader-webgl --log-file="c:\program files (x86)\steam\logs\cef_log.txt" --service-request-channel-tok,

followed by the second log, both related:

Time,Computer name,User name,PID,Process name,Action,More info,Path,Command line
02-17-2020 00:35:28,DESKTOP-QBLGML4,T,0,audioworklet --enable-media-stream --enable-smooth-scrolling --disable-gpu-compositing --disable-gpu --enable-direct-write "--log-file=c:\program files (x86)\steam\logs\cef_log.txt",Error occurred launching the process,This process is configured to be kept running at all times.,audioworklet --enable-media-stream --enable-smooth-scrolling --disable-gpu-compositing --disable-gpu --enable-direct-write "--log-file=c:\program files (x86)\steam\logs\cef_log.txt",

when i uncheck the autorestart:

02-17-2020 00:35:24,DESKTOP-QBLGML4,T,0,131072 --disable-features=outofblinkcors --log-file="c:\program files (x86)\steam\logs\cef_log.txt" --product-version="valve steam client" --lang=en-us --buildid=1581460722 --steamid=0 --gpu-preferences=kaaaaaaaaadgaaagaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacgaa,Error occurred launching the process,This process is configured to be kept running at all times.,131072 --disable-features=outofblinkcors --log-file="c:\program files (x86)\steam\logs\cef_log.txt" --product-version="valve steam client" --lang=en-us --buildid=1581460722 --steamid=0 --gpu-preferences=kaaaaaaaaadgaaagaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacgaaaaeaaaaiaaaaaaaaaaoaaaaaaaaadaaaaaaaaaaoaaaaaaaaaaqaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafaaaaeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabgaaabaaaaaaaaaaaqaaaauaaaaqaaaaaaaaaaeaaaagaaaa --use-gl=swiftshader-webgl --log-file="c:\program files (x86)\steam\logs\cef_log.txt" --service-request-channel-tok,

The logs are at different times but the result is the same. It should be noted that this spams the log two to three times every second so I was copying and pasting from the process lasso log viewer.

Any idea? I reinstalled steam and the issue still occurs.

amd ryzen 1700x
16gb of 3333mhz

edkiefer

try removing all rules that apply to steam. I see keep alive listed there.

Steam works fine here.
Bitsum QA Engineer

Michael

Quote from: edkiefer on February 17, 2020, 07:47:29 AM
try removing all rules that apply to steam. I see keep alive listed there.

Steam works fine here.
Issue still persists. Log keeps spamming the same 0 PID related issues, all of which I have looked at when it mentions enable and disable. Not sure what the issue could be.

Jeremy Collake

To fix, clear the keep running entries in 'Options / Control / Configure process to keep running'.

Or you can reset your entire configuration with 'Options / Reset all configuration to defaults

That process's command line is problematic and causes a parsing error in the configuration file.

This will be fixed in the next version. Apologies for the hassle!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Michael

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on February 17, 2020, 07:13:30 PM
To fix, clear the keep running entries in 'Options / Control / Configure process to keep running'.

Or you can reset your entire configuration with 'Options / Reset all configuration to defaults

That process's command line is problematic and causes a parsing error in the configuration file.

This will be fixed in the next version. Apologies for the hassle!
Ah I see what the other individual was saying. Thanks for the info. Odd, I never put anything there. Anyways, I will report back. Thanks.

Jeremy Collake

When you used the context menu to add steamwebhelper.exe to the Keep Running list, its command line was parsed incorrectly due to embedded commas, resulting in 2 spurious additions to the list. The Governor was then continuously trying and failing to launch these spurious entries.

This is now resolved as of v9.6.1.9 beta:

+ (9) GUI: Fix Keep Running issue with paths or command lines that have embedded commas or semicolons
+ (9) Core: Don't keep trying to start a Keep Running process that fails to launch (though do retry on config change/reload)

Thank you for reporting the trouble and please let me know if you run into any other issues.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.