Core 0 stuck at 100% usage all the time

Started by DeadHead, June 11, 2020, 03:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadHead

Hi all,

I have a strange issue with one of my computers. It's a Windows 10 Pro (latest update 2004) machine with a core i7-4770 cpu, 16 gigs of ram.

The issue is that core 0 is constantly stuck running 100%. I've checked and googled about this issue for a couple of days, but thought I'd come here to see if someone got any tips on this as well. I'm not sure when this started.

It seems it is related to acpi.sys according to both Process Explorer and Latency Mon. The issue goes away if I run Windows in failsafe mode.

So, what do you people think is the most probable cause? The graphics card/drivers (nvidia), some other hardware issue or some program/windows update issue)?
Windows 10 Pro 64 (swedish) || Xeon 5650 @ +4 GHz || 24 gig ram || R9280 Toxic

edkiefer

Hi Deadhead, I don't have any experiences with your problem but did the system have any of these issues/conditions?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

I have seen in the past users with similar type issues fix it by installing on top again.
You can check this forum as it has a lot of Windows users there.
https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/

Maybe revert to older 1909 until things shape up as 2004 seems to have many issues.
Bitsum QA Engineer

DeadHead

The issue existed prior to installing the 2004 update, unfortunately. I updated hoping the 2004 would solve things, but no. :(

edkiefer

Bitsum QA Engineer

DeadHead

Late reply. Issue sorted, it was the graphics driver for the nvidia card that caused it for some reason. Uninstalled with DDU, and installed through Windows update, all's fine now.

edkiefer

Quote from: DeadHead on September 02, 2020, 05:48:15 AM
Late reply. Issue sorted, it was the graphics driver for the nvidia card that caused it for some reason. Uninstalled with DDU, and installed through Windows update, all's fine now.
Great, you found the fix.
Bitsum QA Engineer