How do you like the new ProBalance term for 'out of control process restraint'?

Started by Jeremy Collake, September 27, 2008, 12:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you like the new ProBalance term?

It is cool
0 (0%)
It is ok
2 (66.7%)
It is ridiculous
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Jeremy Collake

My rationale for creating the CycleShare term was to try to make it easier for the laymen to understand. This gives the technology a name, without having to provide a technical description upon every mention. It may also help with marketing efforts, should I ever make any.

I'm not convinced it is a great term, and it is easily changed if we decide to do so. I've also considered CycleGuard, IntelliResponse, and others..

What do you think about CycleShare?
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Art

I voted against cycleshare.
It does not convey the true purpose of the program.
Kids cycleshare when they swap bikes at a playground.
The program switcher has always been defective in O.S.'s that run on
a P.C. and really does need this program.
TaskMaster TimeSlicer  ProgMan are suggestions.
Sadly, unless something has been done about the hardware design,
it still all manual intervention.

Hotrod

I vote just "OK" . While it needed a shorter name badly, I agree that it should be something that more accurately describes the function provided. A flashy name would be best for marketing to the masses, but for us "Process Lasso for Dummies" users, something simple and short would be best.  :D "HogTie" just doesn't do it justice I'm afraid.  ;)

Jeremy Collake

Thanks guys. It seems the CycleShare term isn't too popular. I am inclined to agree. Of course, by 'cycle' I mean CPU cycle, but I understand how it sounds bicyclic ;).

I'll keep thinking on it.. Please continue posting any suggestions you may have.

Jeremy Collake

How about 'Process Balance'? -- or 'ProBalance' -- or 'CPUBalancer'..

ProBalance .. hmm

Jeremy Collake

I'm going to switch to ProBalance, for now. It may not look particularly professional for me to keep renaming it, but I'm sufficiently unhappy with CycleShare to take the risk of looking indecisive with the naming ;).

petrossa

Probalance sounds more like: professional balance. I assume the term needs to convey process balancing?

Everything you see nowadays is Pro. A standard version and the Pro version. Probalance gives this impression.

still better then cycleshare  ;D

Howabout:
Machiavelli

Jeremy Collake

Hehe, yea I had that same concern with ProBalance, and considered ProcBalance or ThreadBalance to clarify it. In the end, I decided it wouldn't be that bad if it is misinterpreted as 'Professional Balance'.

I just don't know anymore. Maybe I should have left it alone and just called it 'out of control process restraint' ;o.

For the time being, so as to not appear insane, I am going to leave it ProBalance. I am still open to new name ideas though, for sure.

petrossa

Quote from: jeremy.collake on September 29, 2008, 03:30:42 PM
In the end, I decided it wouldn't be that bad if it is misinterpreted as 'Professional Balance'.

Yeah, theres that. Its a good algorythm you've got going there. And sure as h it's easier to translate then 'out of control process'  :D

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: Hotrod on September 29, 2008, 07:11:21 PM
"ThreadCurb" ??  ???

Thanks for the suggestion. That's not bad. Like I said, I'm going to stay with ProBalance for a while, but maybe in time I can put the best suggestions up to a user vote.

Hotrod

The main site home page says "ProBalance" technology but the revision history still says "CycleShare".  :D

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: Hotrod on October 01, 2008, 11:40:05 AM
The main site home page says "ProBalance" technology but the revision history still says "CycleShare".  :D

Fixed. Thanks.