The option = Periodically check for product updates ?

Started by sst, October 02, 2008, 11:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sst

Hi, ...

I have v.3.12 x64.

I have = Windows Vista Ultimate FrenchCanadian, x64 SP1, HP DV8305ca Laptop, 1 Cpu core AMD Turion 64 Mobile, [2 Gig. DDR1 333 Ram], [UAC enabled], [WindowsDefender x64 enabled], [ReadyBoost = [2gig on a "SecureDigital Highspeed(C2)"], [Vista Ultimate Estimated Score of = 3.0].

---

The option = Periodically check for product updates ?

= Where it will display, for an update ?

It's seem to do nothing, when enabled = even for major update it display nothing to tell that it have an update.

To know if there is an update = i go to section = "Help | Check for updates" .

---

No other thing found, ...

-------
Sylvain
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)
Translator of Process Lasso = French [Canada-Québec].
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Final Build 7600

Jeremy Collake

It only checks once every 7 days, for better or worse. Since I do so many interim minor updates, I figured it best to reduce server load and user annoyance by reducing the automated check to once every 7 days.

WHEN an update is found available, it will pop up the Update Check dialog. I will retest this functionality to ensure that it appears to be working, but last I tested it was. You could test it yourself by installing an older version, closing Process Lasso, increasing the system date to the next week, then restart Process Lasso.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.