Anyone Using Process Lasso for Gaming?

Started by johnpark, February 23, 2024, 07:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpark

I'm wondering if anyone out there is using Process Lasso to get better hit rego, FPS, etc for gaming?

In particular being able to load certain apps to certain logical cores so core 0 isn't overloaded with tasks, etc?

johnpark

Quote from: johnpark on February 23, 2024, 07:59:19 AMI'm wondering if anyone out there is using Process Lasso to get better hit rego, FPS, etc for gaming?

In particular being able to load certain apps to certain logical cores so core 0 isn't overloaded with tasks, etc?
Any ideas?

Jeremy Collake

That's a common configuration. Simply set CPU affinity rules ('Always') on your game processes if you want to keep them off core 0. You'll have to try it out to know if it's effective in your case though.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Prile1961

Quote from: johnpark on February 23, 2024, 07:59:19 AMI'm wondering if anyone out there is using Process Lasso to get better hit rego, FPS, etc for gaming?

CPU utilization and core allocation can indeed have an impact on factors like hit registration and FPS. By assigning gaming applications to dedicated cores, such as ensuring core 0 isn't overloaded, you may be able to achieve more consistent performance and reduce potential bottlenecks.

natalie321

I tested Process Lasso for a bit to see if it could improve my gaming performance. My system has a traditional CPU architecture Intel without separate P-cores and E-cores. I didn't see any significant changes in frame rates or overall performance.

laurawoods

Quote from: johnpark on February 23, 2024, 08:03:51 PMAny ideas?

Yes, I've been using Process Lasso for a while now, mainly to optimize my gaming performance. By assigning specific applications to different logical cores, I've noticed a significant improvement in hit registration and overall FPS stability. Core 0 no longer gets overloaded, leading to smoother gameplay and better responsiveness.

EmmaAlva

Gamers interested in maximizing hit registration and FPS should consider a holistic approach to optimization, including hardware upgrades, driver updates, game settings adjustments, and network optimizations, in addition to CPU core assignment using tools like Process Lasso.

sarausa

I think there are still people using Process Lasso to play games because it helps improve performance and stability when playing games.