Some Process = (must not be forced immediate termination)

Started by sst, November 20, 2008, 02:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sst

Hi, ...

I have installed v.3.24.
----------------------

Some Processus "basename", 

That = (["must not be forced immediate termination]")

=

1) winlogon.exe
This make a blue screen

2) csrss.exe
This make a blue screen

3) smss.exe
This make a blue screen

4) system       
The process that have the name "system" displayed in process lasso and no icon in process lasso = have "high priority", and also, "unknown" creation date, and "n/a" filename.
This make a blue screen

---

Please dont use the option =  "forced immediate termination" = on processus that you dont know, and what it do.

----------------------
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)
Translator of Process Lasso = French [Canada-Québec].
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Final Build 7600

Jeremy Collake

Yes, I agree. I have an internal list of processes that are protected from some operations. The process list includes those you mention. However, I do need to extend that protection to other user-initiated operations.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

sst

Hi, ...

I have installed v.3.24 x64.
--------------------------

QuoteI have an internal list of processes that are protected from some operations. The process list includes those you mention. However, I do need to extend that protection to other user-initiated operations.

---

Respond =

I have try in the v3.24 x64, the options "force immediate termination".

My result is =

It dont block termination, of (winlogon.exe, csrss.exe, smss.exe, system) = It mean that it made the termination option, and made the bluesScreen.

I will re-test with uac (enabled/disabled).
---

Now i dont use the UAC option, in Windows 7.
---
A suggestion =

When an ProcessLasso user, select the option = "force immediate termination". It will be more safe for users, that ProcessLasso display a "confirmation message and a warning message" that this option (can maybe made a "Blue screen or else, if you dont use it correctly") or an other message.

----------------------
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)
Sylvain St-Amand (sst)
Translator of Process Lasso = French [Canada-Québec].
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Final Build 7600

Jeremy Collake

Jeremy Collake

Ok, I've got this implemented internally now. I prompt for confirmation to terminate, close, or restart ANY process and do a double prompt/warning on critical system processes. I'll likely release a new final version later today, after double checking all code changes.

Jeremy Collake

I decided to go with an interim beta release, but it implements the suggestion here. Thanks