Process state save bug.

Started by RiC, November 26, 2008, 12:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiC

If i save default priority and default affinity for process, when i launch a process, it can be started only with "default affinity " settings.

Jeremy Collake

During my testing, I do define both a default affinity and default priority to a single process without complications -- so what you are seeing isn't a general bug everyone is experiencing.

Therefore, we need to figure out why it is happening to you. You may want to try these possible solutions:

1. Enable 'Strictly enforce default priorities and affinities' - some programs adjust their own priority, and Process Lasso, by default, doesn't try to 'battle' them. Turning this on will ensure your default priorities and affinities get set.
2. Try restarting the core engine. Perhaps your configuration changes didn't propagate correctly.
3. Try the same thing on a different process, if you haven't -- just to see if its specific to the application you're working with.

If the problem appears very reproducible on your system, please let me know the steps you've taken, and your Operating System information.

Thanks. We'll get this worked out.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

RiC

Quote from: jeremy.collake on November 26, 2008, 09:02:06 AM
1. Enable 'Strictly enforce default priorities and affinities'
Thanks for answer, this option solve problem :)

Jeremy Collake

Great ;).

I should perhaps better expose that option. Perhaps I could detect when a process appears to no longer be running at the specified default priority or CPU affinity and ask the user if he or she wants to enable that option.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.