Process Lasso doesn't remember window size and position

Started by mbrazil, November 05, 2008, 06:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbrazil

This problem has come and gone from version to version, but for the last few versions, Process Lasso does not remember and restore the window size and position last used in the previous session. I am currently using version 3.20 (x32) on Windows XP Pro SP3.

Jeremy Collake

I did some quick tests and didn't immediately reproduce such a problem. I'll do some more extended testing and see if I can reproduce any cases where this would occur. Thanks for the report.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

mbrazil

Jeremy-

Any progress on this issue?

Quote from: jeremy.collake on November 06, 2008, 11:57:21 AM
I did some quick tests and didn't immediately reproduce such a problem. I'll do some more extended testing and see if I can reproduce any cases where this would occur. Thanks for the report.

riceman

When shutting down PS + holding down Shift key has so far remembered window size and position. Same for as column size and positioning.

(V 3.23beta. OS: XP SP3)

Scott

You mean the GUI is supposed to remember its size/position?  It never has on my system, even after doing clean installs.  Shift/close is useless.

Jeremy Collake

Yes, it is supposed to.. and, yea, Process Lasso doesn't look at the shift/close capability. I'm still evaluating what is happening in these cases where it fails to remember the settings.

Jeremy Collake

Attempted fix in v3.25 beta series. Please report the success or failure if anyone in this thread tries it. Thanks

Scott

I just installed 3.25 beta 1 and it works better for me now: The graph height is remembered, for one thing.  The window is always set to 100%x100% when I run it, which is an improvement.  However, it doesn't remember its maximized state, and even when I set its shortcut to run it maximized, it doesn't.

Jeremy Collake

Thanks, at least progress has been made. Apparently my check to ensure the window was within the screen bounds was flawed ;(. I added that a few months ago, and never saw any problem on my test beds. I hope this didn't affect too many users. Our of curiosity, what is your screen resolution?

I'll check into the maximized restoration problem, but may release an interim final build to get the new code on out.

Thanks for reporting this and giving me the impetus to really investigate what was going on.

Jeremy Collake

Ok, thanks. Nothing strange about ;).

I have reproduced what you see regarding the failure to retain the maximized state. As you said, it does remember the size and position, as a maximized window, but the window isn't classified as maximized and therefore doesn't behave as you would expect.

[edit]: The change required will need some testing to ensure there are no adverse impacts in any circumstances, so I'm going to issue a new beta series later today that includes the fix for preserving the window state.

mbrazil

Quote from: jeremy.collake on November 24, 2008, 04:46:31 PM
Attempted fix in v3.25 beta series. Please report the success or failure if anyone in this thread tries it. Thanks

I just installed 3.28 (been busy and missed 3.25 and 3.26). The good news is that it resolved the problem with not saving and reimplementing the GUI window size, position, and the sizes of the graph and Actions Log panels. Well done, and thanks!!

Jeremy Collake

No problem, I'm glad you reported this. I had no idea it was occurring on some systems.