About window--double colon after "Licensed to"

Started by danlock, August 29, 2012, 11:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danlock

This double colon ("::") anomaly is still present in version .96 (engine version 420400 - Aug 28 2012 16:58:03 GMT-5) ... see attached images for detail, though I don't have a capture of .96.

I'm using WinXP SP3.  I noticed the "::" in .84 or .85 (1-2 released updates, anyway, prior to .86) but I don't know with which build the "::" began.

Jeremy Collake

Thanks, I will resolve this. It is a little mistake that went unnoticed.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

Fixed internally - so it will be resolved in the next build.

danlock

Thanks, Jeremy! You are truly a "Hero Member", by default and as a result of your superb, rapid customer service!

Jeremy Collake

LOL, thanks, I try ;). For the record, I didn't declare myself a 'hero member', the forum software did that. I really gotta change that!

danlock

I was going to let you have the last word in this thread (and probably will, after the dust settles), but I had to say this:

Heh... That [the forum software declaring an administrator to be a Hero Member] is why I said "by default."

Jeremy Collake

Oh, yea, I missed that word, sorry;). I just didn't want anyone to think I was declaring myself a hero, lol.

danlock

No worries...  :)   You would have had to have been able to read my mind to catch that unless you were thinking about it at just the right time while reading the message.  I couldn't think of a way to concisely clarify that word before posting the message, and afterward I was able to explain relatively quickly. Not as quickly as you responded to my first post, though:  your Hero Admin, 5-red-boxes 'badge' is in no danger of being challenged, and that's not only because you are the über-user on your forums.  Oh... and happy-recent-Anniversary! (You mentioned your wife had been saying something about that while you were typing a Hero-response (read: quick reply) to one of your forum's members)

Jesse (I think I won't feel the urge to edit this message after posting, but sometimes I notice something after clicking "Post" no matter how many times I've Previewed it. At any rate, you might lock the thread, making this post the potential final edit. I'll leave it at that, at this time disclaiming any grammatical errors or failures to clarify anything I've typed or will type in this particular message. [yeah, I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist also])

P.S. The reason I had finally posted about the :: issue was because you'd mentioned very recently that you wanted to be finished with the minor idiosyncrasies and move onto bigger stuff as far as coding goes. When I verified its presence in yesterday's build (at least on 32-bit XP), I realized it might be worth speaking up about, since I know you don't like it when even little things like that squeak through.

------------
In case anyone reading this thread wonders about the "Hero Member" stuff, it looks like the Hero Admin has changed his designation to "Member+++" ..if he were a fan of Japanese fighting games, he might be inclined to change to "Member Super Mega +++ EX"; I'm still a Newbie.  Not enough posts associated with my account yet, methinks.  (I'm thinking that might be a reason to reply rather than just editing my already-existent posts... this requires further contemplation... or not.)  (further contemplation makes me wonder if edits/alterations/increases to detail (all accomplished via the "edit" (er, "Modify message" (hopefully I've correctly-nested all the parenthesis here)) button) are visible to other users on the main forum page. I don't see anything regarding that, but I guess it might be visible to admins or other non-Newbies, or just to Member+++s.  If not, that might make creating a new post most of the time worthwhile.)

Jeremy Collake

You are right, such things are very important to the overall image of the product, and I appreciate you reporting it to me ;).

danlock

In case anyone reading this thread wonders about certain topics discussed herein, please read the final iteration of message #8259 above, which concludes with a paragraph the first sentence of which begins with the first several words that began this sentence.  (this message posted in case the edits weren't enough to signify that I'd edited it significantly.  Oh, and to boost my message count to 8 or whatever it is now. One more 'step' up the Newbie ladder....)

BenYeeHua

And now you are member in this forum~ ;D
----
Sometimes I will adding some info also by using edit if nobody reply before I edit it.
If some reply is added, I will post it, not editing it.
So we don't need some time to read the post/edit time, just read from up to down.
----
And preview function is useful, because my English is bad  :P
----
Quoteif he were a fan of Japanese fighting games, he might be inclined to change to "Member Super Mega +++ EX"
I think you/I having something that I/you having, can connect something similar with it faster.
But mostly I using it to troubleshooting/understanding the real problem/question that it means. ;)
----
QuoteI realized it might be worth speaking up about, since I know you don't like it when even little things like that squeak through.
You having the skill that I need, understanding someone character quickly, I am lack of it, and it is adding some difficulty to my communication etc.

And last thing, welcome to this forum.  :)

Jeremy Collake

Yes, we now have Newbie, Member, Member+, Member++, and Member+++, lol. I felt the other titles (the default ones) were a bit too hefty for me. I like to maintain low expectations, that way people can only be pleased ;p.

I am going to be releasing a FINAL with this adjustment soon. I have some translation updates (Chinese and Japanese) I am testing, as well as a few little bugs I'm looking into. I opted to do this instead of a beta to get the fix on out. Still, I have more work to do.

Soon, a new beta series for a major upgrade will start too. I have some plans I think are pretty cool, have had most of them in mind for a while, and some new ones that just popped up more recently.

BenYeeHua

You miss one, Guest 8)
QuoteI have some plans I think are pretty cool, have had most of them in mind for a while, and some new ones that just popped up more recently.
Ok, I will waiting for you to tell us when you are ready  ;)