v6.0.1.71 beta

Started by Jeremy Collake, October 18, 2012, 01:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

love it when a picture can replace a revision history ;p. Users will not see this until updating *from* this new version (update after this one). Applies only to automated updates.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

danlock

QuoteApplies only to automated updates.

Do you mean completely automated updates, as in "PL checked for and downloaded an update by itself with no user interaction whatsoever" or does it also apply to user-initiated automated updates?  I've received the "Click to see the revision history" popup after "Check for updates" downloads and installs an update, but clicking the icon and/or the popup seems to do nothing with regard to displaying the revision history.

Is my OS (XP SP3) incapable of handling the "clicking on icon as indicated by popup displays revision history" hook (I'm not sure "hook" is the correct word here) or is it because all (I think) of my automated updates have been initiated by telling PL to check for updates?

Thanks!  :)

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: danlock on November 05, 2012, 08:23:08 PM
Do you mean completely automated updates, as in "PL checked for and downloaded an update by itself with no user interaction whatsoever" or does it also apply to user-initiated automated updates?  I've received the "Click to see the revision history" popup after "Check for updates" downloads and installs an update, but clicking the icon and/or the popup seems to do nothing with regard to displaying the revision history.

It applies to ANY automated update, even one you click to initiate. Just not a full reinstall or upgrade using the installer.

It *should* work now in the beta. The problem in the last final was haste and over-confidence, I simply didn't test what I thought would surely work fine. Turns out I had the message processed in the wrong part of the message pump. Ooops :o. I am doing more testing in this beta before I release the final though to make sure. It worked fine on at least 2 test beds ... It SHOULD open a browser tab with the revision history, though this may occur in the background if the browser is already open.

Please let me know if you get time, thanks ;)

danlock

QuotePlease let me know if you get time, thanks

I tested it as soon as I read your reply.  It worked!

A browser tab opened and loaded the following URL:  http://bitsum.com/changelog/pl/changes.htm#latest

;)

Jeremy Collake

Thank you! It just went final ;). I am so embarrassed about that little slip-up... but, you know, periodically a developer gets reminded that EVERYTHING must be regression tested ;p, so matter how simple.