Issues with one of the latest Betas, at least with 15.1.1.17

Started by ranko, October 15, 2024, 02:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranko

After logging in into Windows 10 Pro I am always getting prompted for Administrator Password,
because a net command wants to be executed.

I didn't change my Process Lasso Pro config so I think this is because of the Beta versions which I tried because of my wish to get a global toggle for performance mode.

Took some time to find this out.
Restored a lot of backups.
Also the backup from 6.10.24 had this issue with version v15.0.1.16.

After deinstallation of Process Lasso Pro the issues are gone.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this?
Xeon E5-1680v4 | Supermicro X10SRi-F | 64GB DDR4 ECC | MSI RTX4070 Ventus | X710-DA2 | Win10 Pro 22H2

ranko

Same issue with latest release version 15.0.1.16.

I start the core engin as a service at system boot and
I enabled that all processes become managed that PL has access to.

These settings I am using since years successfully.
Xeon E5-1680v4 | Supermicro X10SRi-F | 64GB DDR4 ECC | MSI RTX4070 Ventus | X710-DA2 | Win10 Pro 22H2

Jeremy Collake

That can occur in limited user accounts when the Governor service (core engine) is not started at the time Process Lasso is launched. As a last-ditch effort, it is trying to use the 'net' command to start the service, hence the request for elevation.

Check the "Process Lasso Core" service config in the Windows Services console. Make sure it is set to "Automatic".

As you discovered, I don't think it is related to any recent changes to Process Lasso.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

ranko

Hi Jeremy, many thanks for your friendly and prompt reply.

I wondered why this happened of all sudden, as I am working without admin bit for my user since decades and this with process lasso pro since 2019, meanwhile 6 years.

I solved the issue by reinstalling 15.1.1.17 Beta and this time I choosed to reset the config.

Regarding config reset .. Nevertheless, 2 clicks further during installation
I selected again my two folders for config and logs under my users Documents.
So PLP started again with the same config like I always use.

This time I did not become prompted with the net user command.
I tried 3 reboots and fresh logins, no issues anymore. I think the "reset configuration" option during setup (sorry I can't recall the exact name anymore) solved the issue. Yesterday I didn't use this option.
I am only wondering what is being reset, as yesterday and today I choosed my "custom config folder"
K:\<username>\Eigene Dokumente\0-Bitsum Process Lasso\config