Guide for Using Lasso for DCS and MSFS

Started by gweston, July 08, 2024, 05:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gweston

There are lot of YouTube videos by numerous people related to performance or reducing stutter in flight sims but they don't all match up and some are quite old now.  Is there a definitive guide on this site on how to go about setting Lasso up, ie which features to use?

Thank you.

gweston

After trying several different approaches with varying results and reviewing the documentation and the recommendations I noted there, I went with something simple and so far no stuttering (which was my primary goal) since I was sometimes getting significant 'pauses' on approach. 

ProBalance: checked
Active Power Profile: Balanced

DCS.exe and flightsimulator.exe
Assign CPU Sets: All P cores (except 0 and 1)
Induce Performance Mode: checked

On game start Lasso switches the Power Profile to Bitsum Highest Performance and then switches back to Balanced when the game closes.

rcentagesick

Quote from: gweston on July 09, 2024, 12:53:02 PMAfter trying several different approaches with varying results and reviewing the documentation and the recommendations I noted there, I went with something simple and so far no stuttering (which was my primary goal) since I was sometimes getting significant 'pauses' on approach. 

ProBalance: checked
Active Power Profile: Balanced

DCS.exe and flightsimulator.exe
Assign CPU Sets: All P cores (except 0cluster rush1)
Induce Performance Mode: checked

On game start Lasso switches the Power Profile to Bitsum Highest Performance and then switches back to Balanced when the game closes.

Last month when I started the game in Lasso I also encountered constant lag so it was quite annoying and I gave up. I will try a simple setup like yours and will come back to share my experience. ;)

Forwas

As far as I know, Process Lasso may not be necessary for Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020, because the simulator itself is quite optimized https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/634833-process-lasso-and-fs2020-best-settingsspace waves

Leolabarrows

Lasso is really secure and you need to look for tutorials that are licensed. Enjoy the updates and learn how to use it effectively.

isabellajones

Hi,

For setting up Lasso to optimize performance and reduce stutter in flight sims, it's best to refer to the official documentation or guides provided on the Lasso website. While YouTube videos can offer helpful tips, they may vary in accuracy or relevance due to updates. Look for a comprehensive guide on the Lasso site that outlines the recommended features and configurations specifically for flight simulators, as this will provide the most reliable and up-to-date information.

Thanks
Thanks

spacepolitical

I think you should consider the following factors
  • Basic Configuration Process Prioritization: Set the priority of your flight sim to "High" or "Realtime" to ensure it gets more CPU resources.
  • Affinity Masking: Assign specific CPU cores to your flight sim to improve performance. This can help avoid stuttering by preventing the sim from competing with background processes.
  • Managing Background Processes Use Lasso to identify and limit resource-hungry background applications that can interfere with your flight sim's performance. You can set these processes to a lower priority.
  • Real-Time Process Management Enable the option for Lasso to manage real-time processes, which can help in ensuring that the sim remains responsive.