My issue with ParkControl

Started by jasonlikelamborghini, January 27, 2022, 09:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonlikelamborghini

After i updated the software, i tried to enable everything and suddenly after i click apply everything turn back to disable, idk why.

Jeremy Collake

Does your system only have a Balanced power profile?
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

jasonlikelamborghini

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on January 27, 2022, 09:44:23 AM
Does your system only have a Balanced power profile?

I also set Power plan into High Performance in Power Options (same as in ParkControl) and yes High Performance does exist in my pc and i always use it to get better performance

jasonlikelamborghini

Alright i give you an example or POV of the issue instead

Jeremy Collake

When the changes don't persist like that, it means the system doesn't support CPU parking. Make sure it isn't disabled in the BIOS settings, and that your older i5-3570 processor supports it.

jasonlikelamborghini

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on January 28, 2022, 01:05:05 PM
When the changes don't persist like that, it means the system doesn't support CPU parking. Make sure it isn't disabled in the BIOS settings, and that your older i5-3570 processor supports it.

Is there any way to make the software support my cpu?

jasonlikelamborghini

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on January 28, 2022, 01:05:05 PM

The software actually support my cpu, it only works if i set everything to 90. But thanks for your help

Jeremy Collake

Sorry, I misunderstood your screencast.

The values of 100% are actually disabled. When you click 'Apply', it is simply updating the radio boxes to reflect the new state.

It is counter-intuitive, but values of 100% mean that all cores must remain unparked, and that the CPU frequency can not go below 100% of base. Thus, 100% is disabled for both settings.

Therefore, this is the correct behavior.