Graph/highlights quick-jump suggestion

Started by Coldblackice, September 09, 2022, 03:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coldblackice

I love the recent improvements to the graph/highlights, not only with the pro-balance labeling on yellow-column highlights, but even being able to see the resource-dominant process at any given time!

Would it be possible to add the ability for double-clicking anywhere on the graph and have focus jumped to that particular process selected/highlighted in the "All processes" panel?

Often times while investigating problematic resource usage, I'll see a spike or dip in the graph and want to hone in on the particular process at that point. Currently, however, you need to remember the PID from the popup and then either mouse-click into the filter box or manually scroll/click in the process panel.

If the PID no longer exists, this graph-switch function could either do nothing at all, or perhaps batch-select any currently running processes with the same name, similar to how Task Manager does when right-clicking a process and doing "Go to service(s)", taking you to the Services tab with all services running under that svchost.exe multi-selected (though not an apples-to-apples comparison, admittedly).

Or even better, if that process/PID no longer exists, focus could be switched into the filter box, enabling the user to manually type-filter for the process name -- without losing the graph popup details -- in case the process has currently running sibling processes which may similarly be resource problematic, as is often the case with web browser processes (cough, Chrome/Firefox).

Or merely having it go nowhere if that PID doesn't exist anymore would be fine, too.

At the very least, being able to double-click yellow-column highlights and have focus switched to that highlighted process in the main panel would be very useful, IMO.

Just some ideas!

Jeremy Collake

Glad you like the changes!

QuoteWould it be possible to add the ability for double-clicking anywhere on the graph and have focus jumped to that particular process selected/highlighted in the "All processes" panel?

Yes, that's certainly doable! I've created a ticket for this, and will reply when implemented.

Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.