ERROR: Core parking settings could not be applied

Started by i3y3i, August 29, 2023, 06:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i3y3i

Error: The core parking settings could not be applied. This is because of a hardware or OS restriction. ParkControl can not overcome this fundamental block in support for core parking.

Jeremy Collake

For some operations, ParkControl shells out to the system powercfg.exe utility. This error occurs when powercfg.exe fails to perform the requested operation.

The cause of the failure varies. Check to ensure that you haven't disabled core parking in your BIOS/UEFI, and if you've made any manual registry tweaks or adjustments with other tools, try to undo those.

Under the assumption that there is an unknown third-party tool out there corrupting the core parking registry settings by altering the min and max values (a case we'd seen once), we've created the below REG repair file. Import it and reboot, then see if the problem persists.

DOWNLOAD: REG file to fix 'Core parking settings could not be applied'

If this solves the issue for many, we'll have ParkControl apply this fix automatically. Let us know how it goes!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

GAMBOT

Wow! I am not the creator of this submission, but I desired to say this. This file has worked for me officially, but I would wish to test this for a long time whether it has worked all perfect. I had the same problem.

Today I realized that my CPU cores were getting parked and when I tried to stop parking, I was getting just the same error. My BIOS had no such a parking control on my CPU cores such as disabling or enabling the CPU parking.

Jeremy Collake

As of ParkControl v4.2.0.7 BETA, this repair is automatically done when this error is encountered.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.