Process Lasso Pro Processes missing

Started by Ramesh, November 22, 2011, 02:08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramesh

I have 3 missing processes not shown in Process Lasso Pro. It is however shown in the Task Manager.

Missing processes:
1. cfp.exe (belongs to Comodo Internet security) The other 2 services belonging to Comodo are stated properly cmdagent.exe & CLPSLS.exe
2. System (NT Kernel & System)
3. System Idle Process (Percentage of time the processor is idle)

I might have to turn on something to be able to see these processes just unsure what. I have replaced the task manager with this software as it makes for easier viewing and much more detailed only issue is I'm missing these processes.

In case you need to know I did choose All users and (System processes) when I finished installing Process Lasso Pro (Wizard menu).

It does however give the correct amount of processes available at the moment. In tandem with Task Managers one.

Thank you.

Jeremy Collake

cfp.exe is part of Comodo and not listed due to its intrusion detection. It may be that its self-protection is preventing proper listing. Since Process Lasso was never meant to be a full blown task manager (it instead has more specific goals), it doesn't list processes it has insufficient access to. I am investigating this, or trying to. I have to work with trial editions of these products. Only one security company granted me licenses to their software to test for problems.

The other two are not real processes. They are pseudo-processes meant to represent other types of activity on the system, or the lack there-of in the case of the 'System Idle Process'.

Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Miroku4444

QuoteI am investigating this, or trying to. I have to work with trial editions of these products. Only one security company granted me licenses to their software to test for problems.

There are free versions of comodo firewall and comodo internet security.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: Miroku4444 on November 22, 2011, 06:48:24 PM
There are free versions of comodo firewall and comodo internet security.

Great! I will use Comodo to test with, as I suspect once I fix its tamper protection issue, the Symantec issue will be resolved as well.

Note that I may not be able to list it due to its tamper protection though, just keep that in mind. It may literally prevent access to its process. Listing of the processes I will try to always do, but in some cases it may not be possible due to the current design of Process Lasso.

Ramesh

Alright I got it. I had a feeling the other 2 processes might not be important. Would like to know what antivirus are you using. It seems to remain neutral you can't say it on the forum but you can email me wink wink ;D (Please feel free to do so & I won't state your preferences here too :P)

Comodo Internet Security is totally free so you can easily mock around with it. My paid version was for WiFi security and GeekBuddy.

I would like to ask one question is Task Manager accurate at showing the amount of RAM currently being used. I see a discrepancy between Task Manager & Process Lasso Pro. My update is at the default 1 sec. I feel Process Lasso Pro might be better at this ;). I'll use Task Manager in tandem with Process Lasso Pro.

Thanks for such a great program and putting up with all my questions :-[

Jeremy Collake

Edited previous post a bit, as I'm rushing around trying to do 1000 things at once. Man, I've overloaded, lol.

All are accurate. The Task Manager is accurate. Process Lasso is also accurate. Most accurate is Windows Resource Monitor in Vista and above.

Discrepancies are due to differences in the way things are measured, or the metrics presented. Let me know the exact discrepancy and I will explain it.

Thanks for your patience.