Process Lasso 5.1.0.25

Started by Miroku4444, November 25, 2011, 03:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miroku4444

What is new with Process Lasso 5.1.0.23? Its not being installed by automatic updates. Is it important?

edkiefer

# [.23]--This is a minor update that will not be pushed out to users of .22--
# [.23]Fix.GUI: Fixed issue with the some metrics of tamper protected security products being shown incorrectly - though most are unavailable
# [.23]Fix.GUI: Fixed issue with tamper protected processes being listed in the Active Processes list
# [.23]Change.GUI: Gray out Vista Multimedia Scheduler menu option in XP
# [.23]Change.GUI: Graph is hidden by default in NT5 or below, unless user preference overrides (reset this version only)
# [.23]Change.GUI: Improved code efficiency related to avoidance of tamper protection processes
# [.23]Change.GUI: Updated German
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

There will be another minor update very soon anyway, just trying not to overly bother people who don't use fully automated updates.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Miroku4444

edkiefer

looks like not much

[.25]Fix.All: Fix small activation state problem in .24 that lasted a few hours

Jeremy

After doing auto-update to 5.1.0.25 the graph would not show, I could toggle "hide graph" and "show graph " with no change (I think I had it in hide at time of update).

The fix was to use setting , view>"reset windows position "
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Thanks Ed, an apparent bug for XP systems ;o. I will test it and make sure the upgrade works, particularly when the graph was hidden to start with (maybe what I missed). The idea was to hide it by default on XP systems, but apparently I missed some scenario. I will take a look at it ASAP.

Jeremy Collake

As for what is new with .25, be sure not to discount the changes in .24 - which is the real upgrade. I did not make a big deal of it, but I cut the CPU utilization of the governor in half. For a few builds it had grown due to some code changes (avoiding those security products). When I profiled it, I identified and corrected the increase in CPU cycles. Of course, its not like it ever consumes enough for anyone to notice, or for it cause any problem. Still, the fewer it consumes the better ;)

Miroku4444

Quote[.25]Fix.All: Fix small activation state problem in .24 that lasted a few hours

Where did you see this? I didn't see it in the new release thread.

The graph works fine for me, but i didnt have it hidden.

Jeremy Collake

Please see: http://bitsum.com/changelog/pl/changes.htm#latest

Sometimes I neglect the update thread, but this change list is always accurate ;o. I am posting the thread now.

edkiefer

Quote from: bitsum.support on November 30, 2011, 04:41:47 PM
Thanks Ed, an apparent bug for XP systems ;o. I will test it and make sure the upgrade works, particularly when the graph was hidden to start with (maybe what I missed). The idea was to hide it by default on XP systems, but apparently I missed some scenario. I will take a look at it ASAP.
Ok, All is good after that to, restart and it is working fine . I am like 95% sure I had it in hide mode .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Miroku4444

Quote from: bitsum.support on November 30, 2011, 04:50:26 PM
Please see: http://bitsum.com/changelog/pl/changes.htm#latest

Sometimes I neglect the update thread, but this change list is always accurate ;o. I am posting the thread now.

Oh, ok. Should have thought to go there. Just thought it would've been in the forum update thread.

edkiefer

Quote from: Miroku4444 on November 30, 2011, 04:48:37 PM
Quote[.25]Fix.All: Fix small activation state problem in .24 that lasted a few hours

Where did you see this? I didn't see it in the new release thread.

The graph works fine for me, but i didnt have it hidden.
http://bitsum.com/changelog/pl/changes.htm#latest

Edit: Opps, you bet me to it  :)

Also there new Windows Security Essentials 4 out (beta) .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Tarnak

Quote from: edkiefer on November 30, 2011, 01:50:33 PM

Jeremy

After doing auto-update to 5.1.0.25 the graph would not show, I could toggle "hide graph" and "show graph " with no change (I think I had it in hide at time of update).

The fix was to use setting , view>"reset windows position "

I never had a problem with this, on XP. I just updated from 5.1.0.23. Never did see v5.1.0.24...must be a phantom release. ;)

Quote from: bitsum.support on November 30, 2011, 04:41:47 PM

No bug, for me on my system.  I always have the graph when i open the GUI.

edkiefer

well , then maybe that was the trigger, having graph hidden . I normally have it hidden and this was first time it happened to me .

I only post it cause avg client would say its buggy and probably not try to debug it . It could be a fluke , I don't know, I just report  :)

PS: I went from 5.1.0.22 to 5.1.0.25 (other builds didn't trigger a new version to auto-update) .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Regarding the graph hiding problem. A user reported that after clicking the button a few times it started working? This is not something I explicitly fixed yet (should have, in retrospect). The latest release was for the Germans mostly, adding a new translation. Some may have to contend with the graph issue in XP ;o.

Interestingly though, I've not yet reproduced it (though haven't yet tried that hard or looked deep into it). I did try with the graph hidden, and the update worked. I am starting to suspect the minor version updated from may be the culprit. For the casual user who doesn't get every one, they may of had no trouble. For a person who does get every one, they may be affected.

Jeremy Collake

UPDATE: I know exactly the cause of the graph anomaly now. Some people, who upgraded from some versions, had their previous window positions saved. Then when the graph was artificially hidden, things went haywire because these saved positions were now invalid.