Process Lasso 5.1.0.27 Bug

Started by Miroku4444, December 15, 2011, 06:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miroku4444

Everytime Process Lasso re-starts it says the default pro-balance perameters have changed. Would you like to switch to these new default setting. It keeps asking regardless if i have the "dont ask me again" checked. Its like its forcing me to say yes.

Jeremy Collake

The fixed build is labelled v5.1.0.27a (in About box). Since this can be quite annoying for the minority of users who use custom parameters, and the last update is less than 12 hours old, I am going to push a secondary update out (meaning you'll be notified when its uploaded, if you check for updates .. default time is every 2 days). I was so focused on other areas (performance), I let this one slide by, but thankfully you guys let me know of such issues quickly ;). It is the simplest of things that slide by. Thanks for letting me know quick!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Miroku4444

Quote from: bitsum.support on December 15, 2011, 09:15:18 PM
Thanks for letting me know quick!

No problem. Bug has been fixed. Everything works great now.  :)

Hotrod

I'm not sure what you did, but I've noticed a marked response improvement on my (very) old XP towers with less than optimum hardware. Especially on an old Dell 8250 running 256M RDRAM (very expensive and difficult to find even though it's obsolete). Anyway, ever since build 28 I've seen it and a couple others suddenly lose their lag. Thought you'd like to hear a positive revue  :D

Jeremy Collake

Thanks ;). That was predicted as I reverted to the previous behavior. I had a couple minor updates, lasting over a couple days, that just weren't performing as well. Just goes to show you: Don't muck with an algorithm that has been tuned for a decade. I thought I was being cautious, but not cautious enough.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.