Bitsum Park Control… random reboots?

Started by marietucci, March 18, 2024, 12:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marietucci

Hello,
I tried messing around with Process Lasso tonight. Still trying to figure out how to set up CPU sets as I have entire NVMEs with games on them.

However noticed something weird. One of the YouTube videos recommended downloading Bitsum's Park Control alongside Process Lasso and enabling Bitsum "Highest Performance Plan"... fair enough, so I did that. However with Park Control I had three random reboots in a row. Event viewer tells me that it was a Kernel-Power issue. All I did was move a bunch of processes to non cache cores (BIOS preference is set to frequency)

I uninstalled Park Control and everything is fine.

System has been stable the last one month till these three reboots in a span of 10 minutes

Any theories as to what caused this?

P.s. 7950x3D/EXPO on 6000MhzC30 2x32 RAM/ PBO is on, CO set to -22

Jeremy Collake

My best guess, if there is indeed a correlation, would be that your system is teetering on the edge of thermal stability. I recommend you run some extended stress tests in an aggressive power plan. A properly built system can maintain a full load indefinitely. Check your temps during this test. Let me know how it goes!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

marietucci

QuoteMy best guess, if there is indeed a correlation, would be that your system is teetering on the edge of thermal stability. I recommend you run some extended stress tests in an aggressive power plan.minecraftle game A properly built system can maintain a full load indefinitely. Check your temps during this test. Let me know how it goes!

Thanks for your answer