CNET was distributing wrong edition (now corrected) - Check your Edition!

Started by Jeremy Collake, February 28, 2012, 03:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

Dear users: Due to mistakes by one of our download site partners, some people may have ended up with the Server Edition of Process Lasso by mistake. You can check in the About box to see if it says 'Server Edition'. It would have also shown an annoying warning about using the wrong edition, unless you checked the 'do not show again' box. Be SURE you are using the right edition to avoid future problems. You can switch by simply downloading and installing the Workstation/Standard edition here: http://bitsum.com/prolasso.php .. You do NOT need to uninstall first.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

CNET *yet again* picked up the wrong edition of Process Lasso. It seems they do this every other version, it's the weirdest thing. It can't be natural, I don't understand how their bot could switch URLs every other version. They are killing me. It's very odd, and perhaps an FU at me for criticizing their bundling policies. Oh well. I've quit using them as a mirror now, permanently I guess - unless I can figure out how in the world they are managing to get the wrong edition.

I will also consider forcing a download of the proper edition no matter what URL they get. That will fix it ;). However, it will also complicate things.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.