How i can increase application speed by using more cores and RAM

Started by Router1, July 21, 2024, 03:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Router1

When i am doing auto routing (computational work) in a CAD software (software also says multi cores dual processors can increase speed) my PC is utilizing just 3% CPU and 20% memory (RAM) and taking too long in the process , my PC configuration is below

Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz   2.40 GHz  (2 processors)
Installed Ram : 32.0 GB
cores 28
logical processors 56
cache 70MB

I am using windows 10.

Now my question is how we can increase the speed of the application software by utilizing more CPU percentage and RAM using process lasso ,any suggestions (guidance) any video link which helps?

Regards

Router1

Attached is more info , According to the cad software system requirement MUlti cores and muti CPU will help in increasing speed.

Jeremy Collake

Unfortunately, I don't think you can achieve that objective with Process Lasso. Your CAD application is already using the maximum resources it can. There isn't any way to externally force it to use more CPU or memory. That is up to the application developer. Often times there are bottlenecks or constraints, whether application design or the intrinsic nature of the load.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.