Giveaway Of The Day version now wanting key?!?

Started by ScottK, April 13, 2012, 01:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottK

I just upated my hardware on my system (new CPU & RAM), and now the version of ProcessLasso that I obtained from GiveawayOfTheDay is telling me that my licence is expired and I need to enter a key.

What's up with that?!

--ScottK

Jeremy Collake

The change in CPU caused a reset in the license. This was simply to protect people from copy and pasting the registration data stored clearly in the registry (instead of hidden somewhere like so many apps do), from one PC to another.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Victek

Regarding the Giveaway of the Day offer, I acquired a couple of licenses at that time, and unlike most offers you've very generously continued to provide free updates.  I'm thinking that has to stop at some point  :)  Can you say when?  I do want to continue using and updating Process Lasso Pro and I'm wondering when it will be necessary to purchase a new license.  Thanks!

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: Victek on April 16, 2012, 02:29:50 PM
Regarding the Giveaway of the Day offer, I acquired a couple of licenses at that time, and unlike most offers you've very generously continued to provide free updates.  I'm thinking that has to stop at some point  :)  Can you say when?  I do want to continue using and updating Process Lasso Pro and I'm wondering when it will be necessary to purchase a new license.  Thanks!

Thanks ;).

The availability of updates to v5 by GOTD users is limited. What I've done is, when I find there is some flaw I'd like to make sure is fixed, then I let them update. If there are only new features or minor changes, I do not. So, availability of updates to v5 is not guaranteed, could end right now, and does for some users (depending on the last version they got). In fact, they were unavailable completely for the prior couple months. They will absolutely end on version 6, including its alphas and betas.

For those who decide to support the project by purchasing a license. To switch license codes, import this .REG to your registry and restart Process Lasso. This will cause it to deactivate, allowing you to activate again with the desired activation code.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.