Active Processes Tab

Started by PeterDr, April 21, 2012, 10:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterDr

Version 5.1.0.74 has just been installed, and the Active Processes Tab has disappeared.

I hope that this is just a hitch, or an incorrect upgrade, as I often use this tab.

Is there a setting which would let me call it back into action?

Cheers,

Peter

Cruster

Just checked my version and it's 5.1.0.76 -  the Active Processes tab is present. Perhaps try running update?

edkiefer

other than updating to newest version you could also try resetting PL by >view/reset window position .
See if that helps .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

What? It disappeared? That's very odd, and not something I've seen, had reported, or otherwise can explain ;o.

The only way that this could happen, from a logical perspective, is:

1. If somehow you got a very old build instead of a new build .. but you checked this.
2. A crack or patch to the EXE could have had unintended consequences (if downloaded from Bitsum, that's not the issue, though you can verify the integrity of the digital file signature by right-click on it in Explorer and selecting Properties).
3. Registry value corruption in a way I can't fathom. In this case, Ed's suggestion should have fixed it, but an uninstall might be prudent.

Since I monitor exactly the code changes carefully between versions, there's certainly no possibility of an 'accident' causing this. However, if anyone else sees this, please do let me know, as I'd love to get to the bottom of whatever the cause may be.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

PeterDr

Quote from: edkiefer on April 21, 2012, 11:50:30 AM
try resetting PL by >view/reset window position .
See if that helps .
That did it! It helps!   ;D

Many thanks

Peter

Jeremy Collake

Interesting. Your window positions must have somehow gotten out of whack. I am not quite sure how, but I will keep it in mind when working on future editions. It may have to do with some safeguards I recently removed at another user's request (who wanted a smaller window).
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

edkiefer

Glad that helped .

The reason i mentioned resetting PL is because a while back I had a issue were the graph would not pop up clicking on the hide/show graph button , though all tabs/buttoned showed alright the graph got stuck .
Bitsum QA Engineer