"View revision history" button yields nothing

Started by optotronic, June 05, 2012, 04:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optotronic

Today the "An update for Process Lasso is available!" window popped up.  When I click the "View revision history" button, Firefox opens a new tab to file:///C:/Windows/system32/Revisions%20since%20your%20current%20version:and shows an empty page.

I tried navigating to C:\Windows\Sytem32 in Windows Explorer, but couldn't find a file or folder named "Revisions since your current version" or similar.  Is the file somewhere else?

I'm currently running Process Lasso Pro 64 v5.1.0.82 on Vista Ultimate 64, but I see the problem also happens on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64 laptop.

Jeremy Collake

I will check this. It may be a localization issue.

The revision history is available several places, but the primary location is here: http://bitsum.com/changelog/pl/changes.htm#latest

A secondary RSS feed is here: http://bitsum.com/forum/index.php?action=.xml;board=3;type=rss
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

ACTUALLY, to be precise, this first appeared in v5.1.0.82 because I made an adjustment at the behest of my Japanese translator. It was there that the error occurred ;o.

Now fixed in v5.1.0.84 (second build of it, a silent update to be issued in the next 30 minutes), but won't be seen until you next update, or the update after that if you got the first build of v5.1.0.84. Such little tweaks to accommodate localization issues have before caused problems, as have over-optimization. I must be more careful.

optotronic

Thanks for the quick answer and fix!  I just installed v5.1.0.84 and I will check the button next update.

Jeremy Collake

Thanks ;). It saddens me that it happened. What occurred was Visual Studio's 'autocomplete'. It 'got me', completing an errant string resource name, which my mind somehow overlooked.

optotronic

Don't fret about it -- I'm a developer too and mistakes happen.  You admitted a problem and fixed it promptly which says worlds more about your company than a bug.

The button is now working properly and I've been able to conveniently get change lists for new versions.  Thank you again!