Process Lasso and Windows 8 / Windows Server 2012

Started by Jeremy Collake, July 31, 2012, 05:30:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

Does Process Lasso support Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012?

Yes. We've already been testing with the latest builds from Microsoft and all is great. In fact, things look better thanks to the UI control changes from Microsoft. We've also tested new exploit mitigation technologies such as SEHOP to ensure our software is compatible with them.

Will you have a Metro App?

Yes. We will soon announce a Metro App to go along with Process Lasso.

When can I start using Process Lasso with Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012?

Anytime, with any build. Whether the Release Preview, or RTM that is about go final.

How much did this cost you?

To develop for Metro we had to make substantial investments, re-buying into MSDN. This has put me in a huge bind, so I *hope* our users appreciate the sacrifice. Please, support us if you can, and if you feel we deserve it. It is little known that Microsoft taxes us developers so high, so please remember that. Also remember that we do things legally and morally - meaning no deceitful installer bundles or other immoral practices that some other companies may employ. We also are licensed developers (you don't have to maintain your MSDN subscription, but must re-buy to get updated software.. and so I was able to 'skip' part of last year).
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.