New public Issue Tracking System (discussion)

Started by Tarnak, August 05, 2012, 05:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarnak

Quote from: bitsum.support on August 05, 2012, 05:12:38 PM
First, better to be This User than That User :p. Ok, jokes aside, I apologize very much for this anomaly.

Ah, how I wish this was brought to my attention earlier ;).   .....

I thought I did in one of my recent back channel e-mails to you. ;)

Jeremy Collake

You probably did, but I am so overwhelmed on this end ... well, we could probably dedicate a thread to emails or issues I've forgotten or missed. One thing I'm going to soon roll out is a public Issue Tracking System, so that my memory need not be taxed so heavily, and users can follow and/or comment on issues they are affected by.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Tarnak

Quote from: bitsum.support on August 05, 2012, 05:24:07 PM
You probably did, but I am so overwhelmed on this end ... well, we could probably dedicate a thread to emails or issues I've forgotten or missed. One thing I'm going to soon roll out is a public Issue Tracking System, so that my memory need not be taxed so heavily, and users can follow (or comment on) issues they are affected by.

A good idea! ;)

Jeremy Collake

Ok, so now the question is ... any favorites for this type of software? I'll set it up, but if users have a preference, please express it.

Tarnak

Quote from: bitsum.support on August 05, 2012, 05:31:05 PM
Ok, so now the question is ... any favorites for this type of software? I'll set it up, but if users have a preference, please express it.

Do you mean known brand names?  ...I have no idea.

Jeremy Collake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_issue-tracking_systems

As I check out what's hot right now, I will mention them here. They all do basically the same thing, so it may be that I make the pick based on what we need, and what is easiest to set up. Some would be overkill, for example. Others would be insufficient or too expensive. More info coming ...

Tarnak

Wikpedia knows all. LOL   

I trust you go with the easiest for us posters...I am a little slow sometimes. ;)

Jeremy Collake

Don't worry, all I need is the most simple of systems. I don't need something that supports 100 developers, etc... So, will likely pick the simplest free solution.

edkiefer

I have reported bugs on bugzilla and google support/issues .
One advantage to google one is you can use your google login , don't need to make new PW/user AFAIK .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Yes, on my F/OSS projects (e.g. Firmware Mod Kit) we use Google Code. Problem is, Google Code's Issue Tracker isn't something I can install @bitsum.com. Whatever I do install will look much the same though, as they are all very similar.

Tarnak

Quote from: edkiefer on August 05, 2012, 06:55:25 PM
I have reported bugs on bugzilla and google support/issues .
One advantage to google one is you can use your google login , don't need to make new PW/user AFAIK .

Not good for me, since I will never sign up to google!

edkiefer

ok, so you want/need something that installes on your end/server etc .

Can't help much as never set one up only filed bugs  :)
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Yes, I would only use something hosted here @bitsum ... anything else would cost money, and I have spare server capacity.