v6.0.0.98 32-bit [US-E] mirror not working

Started by Miroku4444, August 30, 2012, 11:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miroku4444

The v6.0.0.98 32-bit [US-E] mirror is not working.  :o

BenYeeHua

I can download it, and the file is download completely.

Miroku4444

Im getting this:

Not Found

The requested URL /files/prolasso.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

BenYeeHua

And after cleaning the cache, using other browser or downloader still getting the same?
Let make sure that we are testing the same download address.
http://www.processpriority.com/files/prolasso.zip

Miroku4444

Quote from: BenYeeHua on August 30, 2012, 12:32:45 PM
Let make sure that we are testing the same download address.
http://www.processpriority.com/files/prolasso.zip
Its the same address.

Tried three browsers, cleared the cache and still not working. This mirror always worked before.

BenYeeHua

And yes, after some retry, it showing 404 to me also.
So this is the server(s) problem.

Jeremy Collake

The old mirror at processpriority.com is now relocated to this server (I can not afford to have two servers any longer). Therefore, it is redundant to mirror on the same server. This change is in transition today, hence the problematic accesses to it. I thought I had 'hit' most of the references to processpriority.com already, but had planned to do a full search today.

EDIT: Oops, I see the prolasso.php main page wasn't updated to remove those links, hence the confusion. Like I said, this did just happen.

I do have one other shared server I could use - but I don't see a need at this time.

In other words, US-E mirror is no more. Everyone should have good connectivity to this server.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

QuoteEveryone should have good connectivity to this server.
Except having a bad ISP :P

Jeremy Collake

Really? You don't have good access to this server? It is hosted in 'prime real-estate', and should be the best server I have. It should be much better than the processpriority.com server at any rate, though particular routes could cause variances for sure.

If you guys really need another mirror, I will set it up on that other shared server which is pre-paid for a few more months.

I've already moved http://falsepositivereport.org to this server as well. The shared server at JustHost that formerly hosted processpriority.com is about to expire, so I spent this morning getting everything off it. I just wasn't willing to keep paying for a server when I have a good server not using 1% of its capacity already.

Note that Softpedia also mirrors our stuff in Europe. CNET is fast with updates for North America, often grabbing them within minutes of being uploaded.

BenYeeHua

Nope, is ADSL line problem, some person is using p2p(many connection, can reach 1k of connection easy whatever the RWIN is small and bringing down the ISP)

Just ignore it... Just some hatred to some persons that don't wanna to accept/learn new thing when they are wearing a mask like they are learning....
And they think they are right about that....
They even cooperate now and saying I am downloading now when the cfosspeed is showing 1k/s download/upload...

Jeremy Collake

My friend, let me tell you the curse with which you are blessed ;p. Intelligent people often find themselves within families that don't comprehend them, or simply don't relate. At least that was my experience. It is a hard situation. However, when you get out in the world, it gets even harder - depending on how you first enter the world. Most people here in the USA, when they get their freedom, immediately incur thousands of dollars in student loans for college, or go into a low wage job. Myself, I am deep in debt and struggle to survive every month. I've made it for 15 years, but now that I have a wife the last 3, I've had to start digging my way out of debt and planning for kids. Imagine that! Life is hard no matter how you go about it, and there will always be people around you, or situations, that you just have to tolerate :o.

That said, perhaps you can outsmart your family ;). If you have a wireless router with *good* QoS support then you can prioritize your traffic over theirs, and perhaps they never know the difference ;p. Then just blame it on the ISP, lol.

As for p2p stuff, you do have to limit connections there, and can lower those in priority. I hear Usenet is preferred to most all p2p networks ;).

Jeremy Collake

Oh, and I *do* allow limited use of download accelerators on this site, if it helps - so you can use multiple connections.

Miroku4444

Its cool, the main servers(bitsum) are fast now anyway. So the mirror isn't really needed.

Jeremy Collake

Yes, it took me 4 or 5 different hosting providers before I finally found a reliable one. The only downtime this server has had was my own fault. It is a Cloud server, so is also easily upgrade-able if I need more resources.

BenYeeHua

PS:I am a Malaysian living in Malaysia.
PS2:Orange color is some of my funny life~
PS3:Red line is important question/info
PS4:TL;DR, just read the color one(and the last line) also can, because the right to decide it is me,  other person just can giving some opinion to reference

Quoteimmediately incur thousands of dollars in student loans for college, or go into a low wage job
But the problem is
1.I don't know how far I can reach in IT, I don't want to bet my future money inside and I get nothing come out.
2.Is IT having a field that for me?I having the field too big~And I can't find my strengths inside the field for now.It is too much random knowledge.
3.I am a person that only can thinking without people harass, school dormitory? NO. Living with My friend's house that rent? Nope, the traffic problem.
4.I just asking the person that learning in IT, they say it is bad, and the college/university just giving 1 choose, IT.... what?
And after 1 year of foundation, they just giving 2 choose, software or servers database(if I recall it)....
And what!?
The area is so~~~ big, what software? .Net? Java? C#? what???
Did it also including the Firmware? etc
The area is too big, it just like a big hole, and I still thinking I wanna jumping into the big hole, and hope I will jumping out higher and higher, or not...

PS:My best skill is, playing all software/hardware(camera etc) with the greatest degree of potential it can.
Second one is understand the real meaning that the person/games deeper, deeper and deeper

---------------------------------------
QuoteMyself, I am deep in debt and struggle to survive every month. I've made it for 15 years, but now that I have a wife the last 3, I've had to start digging my way out of debt and planning for kids. Imagine that! Life is hard no matter how you go about it, and there will always be people around you, or situations, that you just have to tolerate :o.
If you(and PL) are ready, I will start posting something about the scheduler and core-parking, testing with my friends at that tieba(China forum), and pull as many as I can, to buy your software, with the prove that is effective, to support you.

But the place is not ready yet, because they still fighting between paid or pirating, but most of people are rational, they saying that, we will pay when we having the ability to paying it.

If you/PL haven ready, I will just start testing secretly first.
If you/PL are ready, I still will start testing secretly(with more people) how deep the potential of a computer can I pull out with just a PL.
And maybe we will getting random bug when testing it  :P

But the price, sold out...
Quoteå·²å"®38ç¬"一口价:¥172
38 Sell, and this is the last day with the price ï¿¥68.80, and most of people buying with this price.
I wonder how many person will supporting PL with this original price..
And the seller maybe spam the quantity of review, because most of the review are 匿名(Anonymous)
I thinking too much  :P
----
And the seller say thank you as the first person that giving the authorize to him/her to selling it, supporting until now(and future)
And he writing a little about your life(just a little about the environment that how you coding it)
The writing date is 20-3-2012 at there.
(Because he say that maybe you don't read that letter, so I bring it to you  ;))
----------------------------------------------------
QuoteThen just blame it on the ISP, lol.
I just saying they blame all about IT on me.....
Just a slow loading, Hei!Hua! Stop that!!!
Cut down of line(because they are downloading, the ADSL modem is overload)
And I just playing single player without downloading......
Even a slowing/laggy in flash game with a NETBOOK.
WHAT!? :o

Because I knowing more in IT, they just throwing all the thing to me...
And a funny one, my mom say that:Hua, Stop playing the laptop with battery, because of the power failure, I need to watch the CCTV with that laptop battery :o
How the CCTV operating without power...(Without UPS)

And the second one, when I telling one of my sister(3 sisters, without a brother..... haiz....), killing process in Android is useless, because it is a empty process(android keep some empty process as you know...except some active/services process, but it still recreate after killing it  ;D wrong way to kill/disable it~), you just wasting the battery when you killing it.
She just telling me that like this.
YOU even not HAVING a ANDROID phone, so I KNOW MORE about ANDROID!!!How CAN YOU knowing MORE(how the android operating) than ME!!!
What!!!
Bravo~ Bravo~

-----
QuoteIf you have a wireless router with *good* QoS support then you can prioritize your traffic over theirs, and perhaps they never know the difference ;p.
Tried...
Overload, system down~
And I need the ADSL modem(lack of QoS) PPPOE function too~(I having other internet acc)
So I need to plug into Lan port to support it.
-----
QuoteAs for p2p stuff, you do have to limit connections there, and can lower those in priority. I hear Usenet is preferred to most all p2p networks
Yup, but....
They will not letting me doing that...
And Usenet, Malaysia is Shitmyx(Streamyx)
The only way is switching to Unifi(fiber cable)  ;D
-----
So, the last word, are you/PL ready for fight?
PS:I think that I haven ready, maybe I will test(getting prove) first, then find some person that can convert the words into a article, can be understand by a little skill about IT, and post about PL.
And the seller giving some wrong/easy to misunderstanding information about PL, maybe you/the seller need to correct it.
Example: The function of the core(ProBalance) can't be used in Free Version, some half of function can be used within the trial version.
PS:Maybe force core-parking disable when in gaming mode/50% CPU usage is better, most people is lazy to clicking/changing the Power Plan.

Edit:The price, I think better not changing it first, I will try my best to get that what price they will pay for this software after I proving it is useful

Jeremy Collake

You leave me with a lot to respond to, let me take one thing at a time.

As far as college, you know you are right that they can't teach you everything, and many things they do teach are out-dated very quickly. However, you learn some fundamentals, such as OS fundamentals and algorithm fundamentals. These are important. Similarly important is learning more about other subjects, believe it or not - as being educated is a good thing. They will NEVER teach you everything though, and when going for a job, it does indeed matter more what you can do than what degree you have (at least if I were hiring).

Process Lasso is over 10 years old, so it is as ready as it will be. Will it it continue to improve exponentially over time? Absolutely.

I don't thing Ziqing is faking any reviews, there are lots of Chinese fans of Process Lasso.

You are right that my marketing and presentation is not as good as it could or should be. I do what I can, but it is far from perfect. My general philosophy is build a good product, and the rest will fall in line. However, I do have many things to correct, and many misunderstandings. Still, many people think Process Lasso is just another task manager when they see the name, and look no further.

BenYeeHua

QuoteI don't thing Ziqing is faking any reviews, there are lots of Chinese fans of Process Lasso.
I think so, because I just knowing that, Bitsum Forums having a Chinese version.....

QuoteStill, many people think Process Lasso is just another task manager when they see the name, and look no further.
QuoteProcess Lasso is over 10 years old, so it is as ready as it will be. Will it it continue to improve exponentially over time? Absolutely.
I think I will start getting some people to testing it now(by adding into my "need to prove" list), and prove the potential of PL.
To getting back the real power of the computer.  ;)

QuoteHowever, you learn some fundamentals, such as OS fundamentals and algorithm fundamentals. These are important. Similarly important is learning more about other subjects, believe it or not - as being educated is a good thing. They will NEVER teach you everything though, and when going for a job, it does indeed matter more what you can do than what degree you have (at least if I were hiring).
Thank for remind that, I forgot the fundamentals, I just can't build it without a base that is stable.  ;)

QuoteYou are right that my marketing and presentation is not as good as it could or should be. I do what I can, but it is far from perfect. My general philosophy is build a good product, and the rest will fall in line.
Yup, human can only focus in one part, that why a team need a leader, because everybody having a difference strengths :)

parkd1

I know it is not a task manager but it works very well as one but that is not the entent of it. I have tried other task managers and processes managers and end up coming back to Process Lasso. I even think it does a better job then the Windows task manager. Keep up the great work. Works like a charm.

Jeremy Collake

Thanks parkd1 ;). I can't wait to show off what I have planned in the future. I am shooting for the moon, let us put it that way.

parkd1

That is great. Can not wait to give the new things a try.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: parkd1 on August 30, 2012, 08:01:26 PM
That is great. Can not wait to give the new things a try.
+1, let see what surprise we will get  ;)