Show per-core CPU Utilization

Started by charlesn56, September 22, 2012, 12:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlesn56

I am running Windows 7 with a 4 core processor. all cores active. This feature of ProLasso does not work on my computer. Is this normal with version 6.0.1.23 and earlier versions ?

Thanks,
Charles

Mat71

On my own system it works (per-core CPU Utilization), I have two-core AMD Athlon x2 with Nvidia onboard graphics on Win7 32-bit Ultimate. But I know relatives where it is not working or at least did not work when I last checked. One of them has 6-core AMD (1075T) and AMD onboard graphics (newest catalyst drivers) running also Win7 32-bit Ultimate. Another has I believe Win7Pro 64-bit Dell Vostro (Intel i3 or i5?) laptop with additional Nvidia graphics (besides the built-in Intel graphics, so Nvidia wasn't running I guess). - I don't know why, but the graph isn't visible on those systems, I can't enable it! - So at least you are not alone.  ;)

Jeremy Collake

I have noticed systems where it does not render correctly. I am investigating this problem, and it is one of a few reasons the beta continues. I will report when I have more information. It shouldn't be long, this is a blocker for final, which *must* come in a few days.

Also note that this will not work or display at all on non-English XP systems at this time. This will change.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

In .25 I have corrected one issue where the per-core metrics may be hidden immediately after start of the program in some cases.

The issue for non-English XP systems not having per-core metrics remains. I will try to resolve this soon.

Artifacts on certain systems not using desktop compositing (not using Windows Basic, or XP/2003) were reduced in the prior build, .25, though may still be seen and the background color scheme of the per-core metrics looks a bit odd since it contrasts with the main window background.

For single CPU systems the per-core metrics were disabled entirely.

Jeremy Collake

Artifacts continue on systems without desktop compositing in the current beta. I am aware of them, just working them out while doing the *least* painting. I'm enabling one thing at a time to make sure I don't over-do it.

Mat71

JFYI: I am visiting my relative with the hexacore and of course installed here the new build .27. It's running fine and all is great otherwise. But I can't enable "show per-core CPU utilization". So same as with the versions before, it never worked on this system. All this just to let you know in case that should be fixed already, so trying to be helpful. :)

(CPU Typ HexaCore AMD Phenom II X6 1075T, ATI Radeon HD 4290 - Catalyst v2.6, Win7 32-bit Ultimate SP1 german)

Jeremy Collake

That system, despite it being German, should work unless there is a failure in the Performance Counters. In Vista and above an appropriate API was provided for me to reference performance counter names in English. In XP and below, this API is not available, and thus this metric not available to *those* users. Why it doesn't work in your case I do not know. I am hesitant to dig further without doing a test install of Windows 7 x32 German myself. I don't like to find out it is something I could have seen ;).