BUG: Process Lasso GUI Main Window Open at Startup in v6.0.1.50

Started by Jeremy Collake, October 05, 2012, 06:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

Classification: ERRATA - COSMETIC
Severity: VERY LOW (non-functional impact)
Description: Process Lasso GUI's main window shown open at program start (instead of minimized to tray)

I apologize. I am sure it is annoying if you login/logoff a lot. You have to minimize Process Lasso each time.

A fix for this will likely be available within 24 hours.

Registered users can revert to a prior build in the meantime. See the 'My Bitsum' area.

Mitigation strategies:

+ Just click 'X' to minimize it to the tray. (recommended)
+ Don't have GUI automatically launch. Launch it yourself when you want to. The core engine will still get started, silently.
+ Revert to a prior build.

I have to make sure the fix is right, thus must take the time to properly test it in beta form.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

STATUS: Enumerating exactly when we want the main window to show at program start, when we don't, and applying appropriate filters. Beta to be released within 8 hours. Reverting to prior behavior of always opening minimized to the system tray is not desired, thus this more complex fix must be implemented.

This is only a cosmetic defect, to anyone who has no idea what I'm talking about, but is concerned.

Miroku4444

I was just about to update. Thanks for the heads up. Im still using 6.0.1.14. Ill wait for the fix to update.

Jeremy Collake

A final fix, v6.0.1.52 has been issued, for those annoyed by this behavior.

johnmanis

I still have main window open at startup with the new Upgrade v6.0.1.52? It does not remember the program selection under menu MAIN/Hide PL Main Window
Win7 x64

Jeremy Collake

Make sure you got .52. The CDN servers cached 3 days by default (now adjusted), so are still serving .50 to some people. Double check with 'Check for updates'. Also note that if you exit the GUI with its main window open (not minimized to the system tray), you may see a brief 'flash' as it shows, then minimizes itself.