'Show per-core CPU Frequency' option not functioning

Started by gman68w, November 11, 2012, 12:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman68w

Is this option only supported by certain CPUs? For reference, I'm using an AMD FX-8150 BE.

Jeremy Collake

[useless misunderstanding response removed]
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

gman68w

I don't know what you're (obliquely) referring to. I'm not overclocking, and the only thing closest to 'tweaking' I'm doing is using CCleaner and Defraggler.

Jeremy Collake

[useless misunderstanding response removed]

Hotrod

Intel Core2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz 64 bit with Windows 7 Home Premium. This feature remains greyed out. Per core CPU Utilization is working. Frequency does not work. Is there a way we can know if our system is supposed to be able to use this?

Jeremy Collake

Oh, I'm sorry, this is a big misunderstanding. Frequency is not yet supported for anyone. It is on my TODO list. Some last minute complications left it in a lingering state.

I somehow read this as meaning the 'utilization' metrics .. one of my stupider moments.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on November 13, 2012, 08:39:51 AMI somehow read this as meaning the 'utilization' metrics .. one of my stupider moments.
Me too :o
But it will provide a easy way to check for the TurboCore and TurboBoost.
----
Off-topic
http://bitsum.com/about_turbocore_turboboost.php
I think the windows 8 is also thrashing the core.
And what is the difference if I set the "Minimum processor state" to 0% compare to 5%? :)

edkiefer

Just to add its always good to show a pic of issue so we better understand what is not working , this is in general .

As you know the saying "a picture is worth a 1k words "
Bitsum QA Engineer

Hotrod

The greyed out option is in the "view" menu, right next to the utilization option. Hard to enable one without seeing the other.  :o

Jeremy Collake

Oh, I agree, it should have been removed until I finished the code, BUT I did not anticipate it taking this long. This month has been a disaster. First I get some illness going around that takes over a week to recover from (and takes others equally long), then I start to recover but more stuff goes wrong than I can even deal with (not with my software, with life in general). At this point, I'm just taking things one step at a time. I will, however, go ahead and remove it from that menu until it is enabled, assuming I don't just get it worked out. It needed some time dedicated to it to complete it 'right', iirc.

gman68w

For what it's worth, the utilization monitor works just fine. The frequency monitor isn't vitally important for me. I was just curious about the feature when I saw it, and was concerned when it wouldn't enable properly. And now I know why.

MickeyG

I am having the same issue with windows 7 x64 pro.

Hotrod

Update to the newest version Mickey. This option has been removed until it has been made functional.

Jeremy Collake

Thanks HotRod.

@MickeyG: As HotRod said ;). I am working on making this functional. It will be shown in a secondary array of vertical progress bars in the near future! Until then, the option has been removed so it doesn't cause this confusion.