Performance Mode Permanently On

Started by Parallax, September 23, 2024, 12:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parallax

I usually have Process Lasso set to run Windows in Balanced mode, and switch to Bitsum Highest Performance when an application induces it. But for the last couple of days, Performance Mode has been permanently running. I tried manually switching modes, but Lasso says that an application is running that has been set to induce performance mode. The problem is, I can't find it.

Is there a way to list which applications induce performance mode?

Jeremy Collake

You can use menu item "Options / Power / Performance Mode / Performance Mode Processes..." to see the list. However, if "Enable Automatic Detection (e.g. Steam)" is checked, then games not specifically listed can also induce Performance Mode. Ultimately, the log will give you the best indication of what triggered it. Have you checked it?
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Parallax

That's exactly what I was looking for. It turned out an Intel tool I had set to induce performance mode for benchmarking purposes was in fact running all the time as a service. I've removed that from the list and my system has dropped back to Balanced. Thanks very much for the solution. :)