GUI font size

Started by Mr. Bubbles, January 15, 2013, 10:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Bubbles

I have a minor suggestion.
I am using the latest Process Lasso on my Win XP 32 bit SP3 version PC. I'm running my monitor at 1920 x 1080p (native resolution).  Unfortunately my eyesight isn't what it used to be, so in Windows, I bumped up the font size to a DPI of 120 / 125% of normal size. This setting is under XP's Display's General setting tab.  This works fine for me with all programs.  However, unfortunately when I look at the main GUI for Process Lasso, the titles for the graphs for "% of Total Core" and "Ram Load", there is a slight problem.  The "% of Total Core" cuts off the "e"... See image attached.  Is there anyway to fix that?  Thanks.  I appreciate that under normal font size, it scales correctly.  As said, it's a minor point, and I can certainly live with it 'as is', because otherwise, Process Lasso is an absolutely excellent program.  8)

BenYeeHua

It might be fixed if you has 4 core/threads. ;D
Just kidding.

Mr. Bubbles

lol, yeah, and then I have an excuse for buying a quad-core (or more!).   ;)

BenYeeHua

Quote from: Mr. Bubbles on January 16, 2013, 11:06:58 PM
lol, yeah, and then I have an excuse for buying a quad-core (or more!).   ;)
Just remember, don't buying the AMD FX unless you are running multi-task.
It don't doing it jobs well with just running a single thread software, but not 8 single threads and multi threads software, the total output is bigger as you can finish the single job slower, but 8 jobs finish together. ;)
----
Return to topic, I think it is causing by some hard lock of the GUI, so it don't change the size of GUI based on DPI.
This always happen with any software running inside the windows.

Hotrod

A visit to the eye doctor may be cheaper and more beneficial ;)

edkiefer

The only way I can think would be to have PL GUI have multiple fonts configurable .

I have no idea how hard that be. Is it really that important, once you know what the bars are its not like the text ever changes here .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Mr. Bubbles

As I already said, it's a minor issue.  If there is an easy fix, great, if not, no worries. 
p.s. eye doctor can't do much to fix my eyes.

Jeremy Collake

Darn it, wish I would have seen this sooner. I will address it. Thanks!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on January 17, 2013, 11:42:42 AM
Darn it, wish I would have seen this sooner. I will address it. Thanks!
It is hard to see, as we don't has a changed DPI.

Jeremy Collake

Doesn't matter if the user has adjusted their font size or not, gotta always display correctly. All languages. All fonts.

Mr. Bubbles

Thanks Jeremy, much appreciated.  8)
And to the others that contributed to this thread, thank you.
re: AMD FX multi-core cpus, yes, you're right they aren't really needed unless your computer's OS and software supports multi-cores and multi-threads.  I mainly use my PC for basic tasks, so my old Intel Dualcore 2.75 Ghz suits me fine.... That plus Process Lasso makes it run superbly.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: Mr. Bubbles on January 17, 2013, 05:12:35 PM
Thanks Jeremy, much appreciated.  8)
And to the others that contributed to this thread, thank you.
re: AMD FX multi-core cpus, yes, you're right they aren't really needed unless your computer's OS and software supports multi-cores and multi-threads.  I mainly use my PC for basic tasks, so my old Intel Dualcore 2.75 Ghz suits me fine.... That plus Process Lasso makes it run superbly.
Ya, PL can help everyone that using Windows NT. ;)

Mr. Bubbles

I'm running PL version 6.02.47 beta, and the GUI text spacing for the "% of core threads" header now shows up properly.   Looks great.  Thank you Jeremy.   8)

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: Mr. Bubbles on February 20, 2013, 09:28:40 PM
I'm running PL version 6.02.47 beta, and the GUI text spacing for the "% of core threads" header now shows up properly.   Looks great.  Thank you Jeremy.   8)

Thanks for confirming this. Yes, I finally got around to it :o. More adjustments will be forthcoming as I make larger changes to the GUI. If, by chance, it does ever break again, please let me know!

BenYeeHua

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on February 21, 2013, 02:07:23 AM
Thanks for confirming this. Yes, I finally got around to it :o. More adjustments will be forthcoming as I make larger changes to the GUI. If, by chance, it does ever break again, please let me know!
I will like to let the user adjust the size of GUI, it is a little big for 2 core/4 threads, and also for a laptop with normal resolution(1366x768). :)

Jeremy Collake

Yes, I am going to dynamically size the core view in a build very soon!

BenYeeHua

Quote from: Jeremy Collake on March 04, 2013, 12:37:51 AM
Yes, I am going to dynamically size the core view in a build very soon!
Time for a priority list that you wanna to change/do, so you will not lost in the rabbit hole. ;)

Jeremy Collake

The latest beta decreases the minimum width of the core utilization graph and decreases the text size. Above the minimum width it dynamically sizes. I may decrease the minimum size further, pending some tests with an altered system font size.

Mr. Bubbles

Looks nice now... with the "% CPU" header.
The width of those columns is now narrower, which I like.   ;D
Thanks!

Jeremy Collake

Thanks for the confirmation! I had hoped you would chime in to verify it did display correctly on your system.