News:

NOTICE: This forum is mostly an archive, though new posts are allowed. Registration may require manual admin activation. After registering visit https://bitsum.com/contact/ to request account activation.

Main Menu

a new option is need - lock screen on idle x minutes

Started by blackps, January 17, 2013, 02:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackps

Another great option will be
To lock screen on idle ( user set minutes.. like enery saver )

hanemach_gt

I hint this topic since it seems to have remained unnoticed. Please accept my apology, blackps:)
<img src="http://imageshack.com/a/img913/7827/On37F9.gif"/>

blackps

Quote from: hanemach_gt on June 15, 2013, 12:36:17 PM
I hint this topic since it seems to have remained unnoticed. Please accept my apology, blackps:)


This is not a urgent option but i hate to set screen saver to have computer locked when afk.

hanemach_gt

Quote from: blackps on June 17, 2013, 09:22:43 AM

This is not a urgent option but i hate to set screen saver to have computer locked when afk.

I have a temporary work-around for you. You can use one command line to lock the workstation: rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

Click Start, then Accessories, System Tools and choose Task Scheduler. Click Create Task.

In the Gerenal tab, name your task, for instance Lock the workstation when idle. Click on the Triggers tab, then New. Choose On idle from the expandable list and click OK. Then, go to Actions


Blah, blah, blah. Task Scheduler seems to be overrated, at least in the matter of executing something after being idle for x minutes. It turns out that Task Scheduler idle trigger is 15 minutes. What's more, there are a few factors/conditions that have to be met in order to trigger idle. You could try creating a task, but I can't guarantee anything since it doesn't work for me. If only Process Lasso had a feature that allowed to start some program after x minutes, then there would be endless possibilities.
<img src="http://imageshack.com/a/img913/7827/On37F9.gif"/>

blackps

Quote from: hanemach_gt on June 17, 2013, 10:38:04 AM
I have a temporary work-around for you. You can use one command line to lock the workstation: rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

Click Start, then Accessories, System Tools and choose Task Scheduler. Click Create Task.

In the Gerenal tab, name your task, for instance Lock the workstation when idle. Click on the Triggers tab, then New. Choose On idle from the expandable list and click OK. Then, go to Actions


Blah, blah, blah. Task Scheduler seems to be overrated, at least in the matter of executing something after being idle for x minutes. It turns out that Task Scheduler idle trigger is 15 minutes. What's more, there are a few factors/conditions that have to be met in order to trigger idle. You could try creating a task, but I can't guarantee anything since it doesn't work for me. If only Process Lasso had a feature that allowed to start some program after x minutes, then there would be endless possibilities.


Task Scheduler Is not working to lock computer i did try this some time ago. But thanks for help!

Jeremy Collake

I am implementing some new features in this area, so will try to get to it soon! I'll reveal more details as I get closer ...
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.


blackps

The option will be great to lock computer after user set minutes idle and turn off monitor!

BenYeeHua

Quote from: blackps on June 27, 2013, 11:07:09 AM
The option will be great to lock computer after user set minutes idle and turn off monitor!
And you can using screensaver to lock you computer too.
Just set as Blank screensaver, set the time, and tick the "On resume, display logon screen". ;)

blackps

Ah thanks i did not know it's working without setting any screensaver!

BenYeeHua

Quote from: blackps on June 28, 2013, 02:35:07 AM
Ah thanks i did not know it's working without setting any screensaver!
But Blank screensaver also a screensaver too. ;D
I think can you test for it that, after the screen is turn off, did it works or not, then set the time for screensaver showing up before/after the time to turn off the screen :)