Feature Request

Started by Robz, April 13, 2009, 06:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robz

Hi all, Jeremy I was wondering would it be possible to have a game mode list that you could add game exe's to to automate game mode on/off? Could be a good pro build add-on. Kind regards Rob

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: Robz on April 13, 2009, 06:40:20 AM
Hi all, Jeremy I was wondering would it be possible to have a game mode list that you could add game exe's to to automate game mode on/off? Could be a good pro build add-on. Kind regards Rob

Yes, that is a good idea. I will put it on my list ;). I do not know when I will get it implemented, but will try to get to eventually.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Scott

This is a great idea.  I'd use it, but probably only if it looked at full paths (because I wouldn't want Game Mode starting as a result of a duplicate process name starting).

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: heterodox on April 23, 2009, 02:57:51 PM
This is a great idea.  I'd use it, but probably only if it looked at full paths (because I wouldn't want Game Mode starting as a result of a duplicate process name starting).

Yes, that is a good point. I will be sure to match on full paths when I do add that feature, which will likely be soon. I've had a few requests for it now.

Jeremy Collake

I have now completed implementation of this feature. It will be in the next beta release.

Jeremy Collake

I am about to upload the latest beta, v3.55.7. I just wanted to quickly mention that, in the current build, when gaming mode is automatically activated while one or more specified games is running, the GUI won't show that gaming mode is enabled. However, the log will indicate it was turned on (and later off). This is because the gaming mode setting in the GUI is persistent, while the automated gaming mode is temporary. They are basically two different settings that do the same thing when enabled. I'll work all this out by the final, so you see better in the GUI that gaming mode was automatically turned on. I just wanted to mention this, so that nobody is confused when gaming mode is turned automatically on, but not checked in the GUI while it is.