Cannot exit affinity dialogue window, crashes if double clicked (6.5.0.16)

Started by DAOWAce, May 31, 2013, 02:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAOWAce

Little bug with the latest update.

I went to see the new affinity screen (64 core support) and then went to exit out, but the cancel and X buttons don't do anything.  Upon double clicking either of  them, the entire process lasso GUI crashes without any error reports, as if it just closed itself.

Confirming the window works fine, for comparison.

edkiefer

works here ,closing with X and cancel or clicking ok (I didn't add a process ) .
Win7 64 build
Bitsum QA Engineer

DAOWAce

Didn't add a process?  You mean edited it from the configuration drop down menu?

I'm right clicking a process and choosing its affinity.  That's the window that can't be canceled out of and crashes the GUI.

If you have used that, then that's weird.  I'm using Vista x64.

Jeremy Collake

Yes, I also have noticed this unfortunate bug. I have fixed it in an internal build, it was a simple oversight in the new code. I am cleaning up some other loose ends, then will decide what to do about this. At the very least, I'll publish a beta here shortly.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

Since I also discovered and fixed a critical bug in the 32-bit build with regards to the watchdog rules, I am issuing a new final build.

I *thought* I had covered all my bases in this switch to 64-bit CPU affinity bitmasks, but I slipped up - as you can see. This was a large change, but I tried to be thorough - I failed in 3 locations. The difference is that 64-bit bitmasks can't be passed in the 32-bit variables most of the Windows API uses. Therefore, things had to be reworked so that they are always passed by reference/pointer instead of directly.

The following fixes are applied to v6.5.0.20:

- Fix to cancel/close of all CPU affinity selection dialogs
- Fix to ProBalance configuration dialog affinity selection
- Fix to 32-bit build watchdog rules

This build is coming in the next while.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

edkiefer

Ok, you weren't specific on how you did it . I tested from menu drop down not right click on process .
Yes, doing it from a process does close PL ,but you through me by your saying new affinity window , which from drop down you do get .

To confirm 6.5.0.20 fixes the issue .
Bitsum QA Engineer

DAOWAce

Aye, all fixed now.

Thanks for your continued hard work on this wonderful program.