taskbar icon

Started by rjscooke, June 07, 2013, 08:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjscooke

Hello I am having trouble with the process lasso task bar icon disappearing after
1.   Restarting the PC manually ( start button â€" restart )

After restart the icon is gone from the task bar starting manually brings the icon back for that session only, to fix I have to reinstall the product however this only works until the PC is restarted

Is anyone else having this issue and / or does anyone know how to fix this behaviour

Regards Russell

BenYeeHua

Nope, but I think it can be antivirus issues.
Try "Options-General Settings-Reconfigure the way Process Lasso starts" first to reset the boot setting. :)

rjscooke

Thanks version 6.5.0.27b seems to have fixed the issue

BenYeeHua

So it can be the windows has some broken cache for the taskbar icon. :)

Jeremy Collake

Glad it's working, though I'm not sure what was gong on. Please report the OS you're using if you find that it recurs.

Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

rjscooke

Hello All Just Lost Task Bar Icon again Version 6.6.0.78 reinstalled same version and its back again

Jeremy Collake

Is this Windows 8? If so, there is a known problem/bug in Windows 8, not specific to Process Lasso at all! The whole task bar can get frozen, including the clock. It's been reported to Microsoft, though I have not heard any news.

It sounds like it may be something different though. Possibly some crash is occurring. If you see it generate a minidump (beta versions), let me know.

parkd1

If you think this is an bug in Window 8 you can go here to this site a try the beta hot fixes till 8.1 comes out in October.

http://thehotfixshare.net/board/index.php?s=1e24ec7c7ee8cfd969d228fd3ec8c698&autocom=downloads

You can try the fixes and see if they fix help fix the bug if not report  again to Microsoft.

Jeremy Collake

I'm now thinking this report is separate. I know the taskbar freeze bug in Windows 8 has been reported to Microsoft many times, maybe even fixed now - I haven't seen it in the last couple months. It was a strange bug, but not surprising given how they meshed Windows 8's shells together.

BenYeeHua

I never meet it, but I meet another one.
The system will freeze when you using the "Automatic Maintenance", but it only 2% chance happen for me.
It can be the I/O priority has been confuse, and the I/O stop working. ;D

rjscooke

Further testing done the problem happens in two scenarios that I can see
1: if I restart the pc as apposed to shut down
2: if the pc goes into hibernation

With either of these events the only way to get the task bar icon back is reinstalling process lasso

any ideas

BenYeeHua

Nope, I guess you are using windows 7, try check the Customize, you can see it by clicking the small arrow.
Try clicking the restore default icon behaviors to reset it.

rjscooke

issue still present in win 8.1 I have uninstalled sick of re installing

regards
Russell

BenYeeHua

So, what's your graphic card?
It can be the graphic card driver issues I think.

rjscooke

BenYeeHua

En...
Out of idea, it can be something changed with windows 8.1, so far only 2 people report 2 issues with windows 8.1.
----
Did you try change the information that showing with the tray icon?
Like only ProcessLasso icon, you can find the setting at Options-General Settings-System tray icon.

rjscooke

Hello all I managed to fix the issue by format C: reinstall windows 8.1 fresh rather than an upgrade like last time. I am please to report that for over five days now Process Lasso task bar icon is now function normally.

Jeremy Collake

That's good news. It's usually the case that PC's get contaminated with so much crap that they start malfunctioning. Ironically, security software itself is sometimes the cause of malfunctions, and certainly the cause of performance problems -- all for a 40% or so detection rate, if they are lucky. Best advice is act smart on the web. Never run unsigned software, etc... Still, even then, even I reformat my Windows installations a couple times a year.