Current-Avoid non-physical cores [FIXED-06060027b]

Started by BenYeeHua, June 16, 2013, 06:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenYeeHua

When you click on the CPU affinity-Current-Avoid non-physical cores, it will behaving like you has clicked CPU affinity-Always-Avoid non-physical cores, and adding the CPU affinity rule to that process.

This is very annoying me when I am playing with this and check the performance of that process, but forgot to change it back. :P

Except you are changing Always, that should be also changing the current one.
I also found that changing the Memory Priority-Always-None don't changing back the current memory priority back to the 5.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: BenYeeHua on June 16, 2013, 06:25:14 AM
I also found that changing the Memory Priority-Always-None don't changing back the current memory priority back to the 5.

I just adjusted that in the GUI. It is a matter of debate whether removal of a persistent setting should reset that process instance to default. Most actions do on the immediate (clicked on) process, but they wouldn't change the setting for other instances affected by the removed rule. Anyway, it is consistent to do this, so future builds will.

Thanks!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

I see the problem with the current affinity setting of 'Avoid non-physical cores' initiating a persistent/default CPU affinity setting. I am fixing that now!
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

And sorry for spamming the BugTrack, but it is more easy to track each issues. :)