New log filter being finished

Started by Jeremy Collake, July 16, 2013, 02:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

The new log filter (still more work to do) will be positioned in the lower tab control. You can see it in the screenshot below. A caption (or search icon) will be added before it's done.

Type the filter in this box and the results are shown as you type. I've designed it so that it performs fairly well.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Ya, about the log, can it "locate executable on disk"?
I am doing it manually by searching the Path that logged in the log, and open the folder manually.(as most of the processes has been ended itself)

And how about the performance of this filter? Can it works for filter the "User Name"too? :)

Jeremy Collake

Yes, it searches for anything in the log row. It performs super-fast due to some clever Bitsum design ;)

For some log entries a 'locate executable on disk' menu item would work. I'll think about adding it to the log view context menu.

Jeremy Collake

Now available in v6.6.0.65 beta. I still have a bit of work to do, but it should work fine.

BenYeeHua

Nope, I just tried to update, but it still bring me to the v6.6.0.63 beta, repeat and repeat...
---
And I also tried to download from http://bitsum.com/files/beta/processlassosetup64.exe , still v6.6.0.63 beta.
---
Found one installer bug, after install Process Lasso, it will clean up your log...
Posted at the bugtrack. ;)

https://bitsum.com/forum/index.php/topic,3515.0.html
---
I forgot about this.
What is the limit for filtering the log?
1000 entries? :)

Jeremy Collake

I fixed it. Sorry about that! I'll get your question and bug report later

edkiefer

I was going to ask were the search button is, but not needed :)

Seems to work good, tried few exe names and brought them right up .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Quote from: jeremy on July 18, 2013, 05:38:56 PM
I fixed it. Sorry about that! I'll get your question and bug report later
Yup, it is not important, you can do your important thing first. :)

Jeremy Collake

Screenshots updated to final rendition, the difference being a small folder search icon was put left of the filter edit box. I believe it has turned out well.

BenYeeHua