small issue with startup window position

Started by edkiefer, August 02, 2013, 09:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edkiefer

I noticed in last few builds (6.6.0.72+) the startup window position starts in a down window position ,with bottom action window not shown .

I can move it up to center it, close it but it doesn't remember position it seems, back to down position
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Yes, I also found that sometimes the position has been changed.

edkiefer

I should proof read better , just to be clear I am talking about position of PL GUI window within the desktop , not how big action log view window panel is .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Quote from: edkiefer on August 02, 2013, 01:31:09 PM
I should proof read better , just to be clear I am talking about position of PL GUI window within the desktop , not how big action log view window panel is .
If you means this one, I think it is normal, as I only found out that, the software that let their windows showing at the center of the desktop will no be moving anywhere.

edkiefer

Ok , Update now after closing it it is starting in center so I can see whole window . Not sure what happened before , will test it some more .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Maybe the registry issue?
As after the update has changed the file, windows think it is a new software. :)

edkiefer

I don't know , It started today after fresh system boot ok .

I only noticed it last update or so that when I reboot system in morning it was with window down and when I posted the issue I tried open, close etc like 7-8 times with same results , wrong positioning .

Seems ok now .

PS: for kicks I tried same thing with various other app , some remember position others center window no matter but even with ones remember position they didn't let window of there app move to point it blacked any part of app GUI . Only tested few app (mostly utilities ) .
Bitsum QA Engineer

M10

Yeah, I think I had a similar problem with the main ProLasso 6.7.0.0 GUI window starting in the default top left position of screen on startup even after I drag the window to re-position it to the bottom left near the system tray.  Then when I click the ProLasso icon in the system tray, it would reopen in the bottom left as expected BUT AFTER I REBOOT the computer, the PL window would go back to the top left of screen.

To fix it so it would remember its last screen position, resize the PL window (using its corner and/or side borders) instead of merely dragging the window!