Re: 6.6.0.85b

Started by edkiefer, August 23, 2013, 10:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edkiefer

can you check menu options>general setting , run PL with elevated rights and manage processes of all users .
They should show check marks like ones in main menu when enabled .

Also I notice the action log top menus are showing duplicate columns to the right after command line .
Log viewer works fine .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

I guess this is some duplicate setting? ???

edkiefer

yes, they are duplicates , as you can change in 2 places but the issue is they don't show a checkmark if enabled (ones under general settings ).
Don't know how long it been like this, I just was looking around .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Thanks! It makes me sick that I overlooked this... while minor, cosmetic issues are also the most visible.

I duplicated these menu items so that they aren't missed, but forgot to check them.

I've fixed it in v6.6.0.87.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

edkiefer

Don't forget "action log top menus are showing duplicate columns to the right after command line "

not big issue at all , in fact no issue function wise .  :)
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: edkiefer on August 24, 2013, 10:20:46 AM
Don't forget "action log top menus are showing duplicate columns to the right after command line "

Thanks!

edkiefer

Confirmed fixed for both issues posted with 6.6.0.87b .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Nope, there are also some bug that we don't found.
Check the Options-General Setting-System tray icon.
You can see 2 choose has been ticked instead of only 1 is ticked, if you tick Show total processor utilization/Show only process lasso icon.
And nothing has been ticked if you tick Show system responsiveness.

edkiefer

Yes, that is another error , my "fixed" was only for original issue , I can remove [fixed] from title if we want to add any more issue in this thread .
here another one , View>show individual graph components >show graph legend does not work with it disable, still shows legend.

Here one with new log view button and search field . Close PL to system tray , all is good .
Now open log with new view log button , close log and PL is missing the view log button (its still there if you click on same area just missing icon image) . the search bar gets shorter to and missing search image icon . Now if you minimize PL and then bring it up it refreshes properly showing everything .
I think the issue is when log viewer is on top those buttons and images are not refreshed when you close or move log viewer .
If fact you don't even have to open viewer just move PL either down or to the side so it covers viewer log button and search bar .

I am on 89b now but I saw the search bar issue in last version too.
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

And this show us, UI is a hard job for every dev....

edkiefer

I am on 6.6.0.90 now and the issues I posted in post #8 are still there on my end , if you meant .90 fixes it .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

And I also having some strange thing for the log.
The log stop working/stop logging, even I restart it.
After I update to 6.6.0.90, it is fixed.
So I think you has fixed it without telling? :)

edkiefer

Quote from: BenYeeHua on August 25, 2013, 06:30:14 PM
And I also having some strange thing for the log.
The log stop working/stop logging, even I restart it.
After I update to 6.6.0.90, it is fixed.
So I think you has fixed it without telling? :)
I lost my log after 89b update but I think it was bad update (I by accident had threadracer.exe running ) and it didn't finish fully installing all things, strings etc .
But I either restarted and it fixed or I manually did update over it (can't remember which it was ) and logs event shown up ok .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

I think it is the update fixed it, as I tried restart, the log is empty one.(means there are no log is creating.)
After I update it, the log is gone, but the log is working. :)

edkiefer

Yes, that was what I meant, the bottom action log window was empty , I think your right it was the reinstalling that fixed it .
Bitsum QA Engineer

edkiefer

update .90 still has painting issue if you cover log button or search field .

Also graph legend always on and system tray icon having 2 options check off still there , if you missed them posted above .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

.92 is available now.

There are still some painting issues in XP, though things are improved in Vista and above. I'll work on fixing the remaining issues in XP (or possible Windows classic).

I'll check that system tray icon type toggle too, or maybe just remove it.

edkiefer

Sorry , I miss version #, I was talking newest .92 above .
All I need to do on painting is move PL GUI below taskbar and search and log button gone .
its 100% repeatable here , Win7 64bit , no aero (Window classic desktop )
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Quote from: edkiefer on August 28, 2013, 07:40:51 PM
Sorry , I miss version #, I was talking newest .92 above .
All I need to do on painting is move PL GUI below taskbar and search and log button gone .
its 100% repeatable here , Win7 64bit , no aero (Window classic desktop )
+1
I also tried with DWM enable(as windows 8 can't disable it), it also gone, but moving the mouse over there or changing the windows size will showing again.

edkiefer

Quote from: BenYeeHua on August 29, 2013, 04:13:03 AM
+1
I also tried with DWM enable(as windows 8 can't disable it), it also gone, but moving the mouse over there or changing the windows size will showing again.
Ok, you see it in win8 to but only under certain desktop config's . With aero enabled its ok ?
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

When Windows 8 got Aero? ::)
And Window classic desktop=Disable DWM.

Normally disable/enable Aero in Windows 7 means, disable/enable DWM.
And Windows 8 has forced DWM, so yes, I am testing with "aero" enable. :)

QuoteThe desktop composition feature, introduced in Windows Vista, fundamentally changed the way applications display pixels on the screen. When desktop composition is enabled, individual windows no longer draw directly to the screen or primary display device as they did in previous versions of Windows. Instead, their drawing is redirected to off-screen surfaces in video memory, which are then rendered into a desktop image and presented on the display.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa969540%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

QuoteThere is a corresponding service UxSms (Desktop Window Manager Session Manager- Provides Desktop Window Manager startup and maintenance services).

This starts a process dwm.exe. With this started, AERO is enabled (if stopped AERO is disabled). So basically if the process dwm.exe runs, AERO is enabled (read the comments, this means that AERO themes might, but not necessarily have be used. However, without DWM no AERO).
http://superuser.com/questions/479576/windows-7-easiest-way-to-tell-whether-aero-dwm-is-enabled

PS:There are "ways" to disable DWM in windows 8, but I will not giving it as it is buggy.

Jeremy Collake

Fixed the dual checks on the system tray icon setting.

The lost child windows when you move below the taskbar I do see as well. It's better than it was, but I'm still working on it.

BenYeeHua

And you might rewrite it at the future, just like the dev of RadeonPro, to solving most of the UI issues and adding more useful UI function. :)

Jeremy Collake

@edkiefer: Please let me know if the 'show graph legend' behaves differently for you in v6.6.0.93 beta. I never did see the issue mentioned with it failing to toggle.

edkiefer

ok, will do .
For me with graph not showing and  Its set off in view options .
When i hit graph display the legend goes on . Then if I check view option with graph up legend is enabled till I close graph display .

.95 does it the same, it is like with graph enabled it sets legend always on .
It's only the legend module that has issue all the other ones work as they should .

Edit: this might help , with graph not show and view option legend off the ini has the line false (as it should be)
Now open graph and check ini and line is changed to true . so its changing the setting when graph is shown .

System tray icon issue is fixed now (one BenYeeHua mentioned ) .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: edkiefer on August 30, 2013, 07:45:14 PM
ok, will do .
For me with graph not showing and  Its set off in view options .
When i hit graph display the legend goes on . Then if I check view option with graph up legend is enabled till I close graph display .

Oh, I see! Thanks for clarifying, I also see this.

EDIT:
Turns out the graph legend behavior was actually intentional. I had made a comment that I was re-enabling it in case users were confused after toggling the graph visibility.

So, I'll change that behavior, though continue thinking about my original rationale to see if there is good cause to force it enabled when the graph is toggled on.

Jeremy Collake

I've fixed the window issues with the new log options. Making them a child of the lower tab control, instead of a sibling, solves the issue in its entirety.

This will be in the next build.

edkiefer

Quote from: Official Support on August 31, 2013, 07:04:41 PM
Oh, I see! Thanks for clarifying, I also see this.

EDIT:
Turns out the graph legend behavior was actually intentional. I had made a comment that I was re-enabling it in case users were confused after toggling the graph visibility.

So, I'll change that behavior, though continue thinking about my original rationale to see if there is good cause to force it enabled when the graph is toggled on.
ok, if that is by design or you want it enabled all the time, I recommend removing the option then, so as not to confuse it being on/off ability .
It is fixed, or working as expected now in .97b .
Bitsum QA Engineer

edkiefer

Quote from: Official Support on August 31, 2013, 07:24:36 PM
I've fixed the window issues with the new log options. Making them a child of the lower tab control, instead of a sibling, solves the issue in its entirety.

This will be in the next build.
Yes , .97b fixes the painting issue .
Bitsum QA Engineer