General optimization advice - running your PC at maximum performance

Started by Jeremy Collake, September 24, 2013, 10:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeremy Collake

This is some guidance I just emailed a user, and figured it might be something I should publish and amend... so, here's a start of an 'quick start' for maximum PC performance.

1. Use ProBalance - no need to change any settings
2. Use Energy Saver - so that you can run in 'High Performance' while active, but drop to Balanced when not
3. Adjust your High Performance power profile, particularly focused on Frequency Scaling. Set the minimum frequency to 100%, for instance.
4. Disable Core Parking in the High Performance power profile
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Quote3. Adjust your High Performance power profile, particularly focused on Frequency Scaling. Set the minimum frequency to 100%, for instance.
I think this has only one thing need to say, it don't stay on the maximum "turbo" frequency.

And ya, there are also many power save feature that will affect some performance, and if the bios don't give control to windows but the bios manage itself(or don't give the ability to disable it) like ASPM, you might found out the PCI-E sound card or graphic card stutter as they are putting it to L1 not L0s and L0(active), and their driver don't taking control over BIOS.(and also reverse, which is increase power consumption, I has been angry on Asus a few days because of this...)