PL randomly cause PC freeze

Started by ray.raywan, November 22, 2013, 12:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ray.raywan

When i using utorrent v2.2 to download moive, PL seems making my PC freeze. No response and cannot move the mouse. It is only one way to pass the on/off bottom for 3 sec to restart my PC. It only happens when i using utorrent under heavy downloading. i am sorry for that i cannot post the log file for your reference due to suddenly freeze for my PC but i am 100% sure the utorrent making PL unstable or crash during downloading.
How can i add utorrent as a exception for PL monitoring?

edkiefer

Menu , Options>Probalance settings>configure excluded processes and add utorrent v2.2 exe proper name .

Or right click on the process in PL GUI list (utorrent v2.2) and use option "exclude from probalance restraint "
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

wow!
That strange, but I might know why this happen.

Did you also ticked the setting inside the ProBalance, which is "Lower I/O priority during restraint"?
I think it can be the I/O issues, as the uTorrent is just like a I/O bitter(for Hard Disk) when downloading with 100+MB/s!!! :o

ray.raywan

Thanks for your help ;)
i didn't change any Lower I/O priority during restraint. It also strange for me why utorrent always random crash/freeze when i downloading the files.
Is it i changed the cache setting in utorrent to almost 1G ram ;D for super fast downloading speed :P
I also try utorrent v2.1 and V2.2 with the same setting but seems no help for this.

BenYeeHua

So after exclude the uTorrent process, this issues is no longer happen?
I think it look more like a system issues, or chipset driver issues, which managing your HDD transfer data.

ray.raywan

It seems good after excluded the utorrent in PL. ;D
no more freeze after heavy download and upload files ;)
Thanks for your help

BenYeeHua

You are welcome, but it look like I don't do anything except guessing why this happen. ;D
But this information will be useful for me, if other people also facing this issues, at least I has a workaround for them. :)