COD Ghosts and process lasso

Started by ryokox3, December 18, 2013, 11:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryokox3

Anyone know how to make Process Lasso and Call of Duty Ghosts Multiplayer play nice. (Surprisingly the single player version of the game works nicely, it only is multiplayer.

When I launch the game I get an error that my cpu does not meet their minimum specs (though it really does). As soon as I close process lasso, cod works fine.

The exact wording of the error is: Your CPU does not meet the minimum specification for running Call of Duty:Ghosts.   I have tried many times and it always works as soon as Process lasso is closed.

Thanks in advance
-Ry

edkiefer

First I have ever heard fo game doing that , is it COD app giving the message .

Anyway did you add COD to game list and if so and still get error then put it in exclude list .
Game mode: options>config game and multimedia processes

exclude list: options>probalance setting>configure excluded processes
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Yup, first time, as Process Lasso don't hijack any DLL, I wonder can it be the game in background loading, then get restraint by PL.

Anyways, please tell us if adding it to excluded processes works. :)

edkiefer

I have run steam, Origin and Uplay background launchers w/o issues and the launchers are getting prioritized down when game runs .
BF4 is good test as you have Origin, web-browser and BF4 all running for that game .
Bitsum QA Engineer

Jeremy Collake

Process Lasso wouldn't have any direct impact on Call of Duty. However, it's possible that some user-specified rule or configuration change could change the behavior of CoD.

Have you created any special rules? For instance, if the CPU affinity of Call of Duty is being changed, this may cause it to show that error. Process Lasso does NOT make such changes by default.

If you haven't created any special rules or config, I'd guess the problem is coincidental, and further testing would reveal it happens without Process Lasso.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

ryokox3

Quote from: edkiefer on December 19, 2013, 07:28:39 AM
First I have ever heard fo game doing that , is it COD app giving the message .

Anyway did you add COD to game list and if so and still get error then put it in exclude list .
Game mode: options>config game and multimedia processes

exclude list: options>probalance setting>configure excluded processes

Thanks edkiefer and all other posters,

That was the trick. I had Ghosts since it launched and I'm kicking myself for not posting this question earlier.
added to:   Game mode: options>config game and multimedia processes

I've been running PL pretty much stock. No rules or other special customizations, just took the defaults. I will certainly remember this for other current and future games. Thank you all again, Ry.

BenYeeHua

En, so I guess Ghost testing your CPU while loading, and if it detect low performance, then it will not run?
One of the strange game that I saw. ;)

edkiefer

I generally add all games or any app that does  3d stuff (full screen) in the game -multimedia list .

But i haven't run into any issues if not added , don't have COD other than had a demo on other system with no problems with PL .
Bitsum QA Engineer

BenYeeHua

Me too, I don't facing any issues for not adding it, and this means that it don't affecting most of the game and gamer, even if you don't know about any function for Process Lasso, and let it do all the jobs. ;)