Ugly font on Windows 8.1 X64

Started by blackps, January 19, 2014, 03:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackps

It's need support for Clear Type on Windows 8.1 as the font is very ugly.

Thanks.

BenYeeHua

Hmm, I don't update to Windows 8.1 yet, as the driver support is not too nice for graphic card.
But as I know, Windows 8.1 don't change anything about Clear Type.

What happen if you using the compatibility as Windows 7/8?
And did you make sure the graphic card driver is installed? :)

blackps

Yes all the drivers are up to date i did not try to run in compatibility mode.

blackps

I did try compatibility Windows 7/8 i don't think it's any change,maybe the problem is that now im on a Windows 8.1 Full Hd,the one with the better font is Windows 7 HD screen.Maybe it needs some work on Full HD screens.

BenYeeHua

I guess I know what is the issues, did you change the DPI?
Try tick the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" and see how's going. :)

edkiefer

Are you running in native res with 100% DPI , what BenYeeHua is saying is try each setting in display driver , you can set it to scale with GPU driver or scale with monitor . which is better depends on monitor and GPU drivers .

Also does Win8 have clear type , if so make sure thats on .
Bitsum QA Engineer

blackps

Yes i think the problem is with DPI i hope i can find a fix for it.

BenYeeHua

Yes, you can try disable the new DPI feature via the ways that I said, or disabled completely by un-tick the "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays".
You can find where it is via Google, or here. :)
http://www.howtogeek.com/175664/how-to-make-the-windows-desktop-work-well-on-high-dpi-displays-and-fix-blurry-fonts/
----
And yup, it is hardly to find a fix for it, as many software having issues with Windows DPI since Windows XP....

blackps

BenYeeHua

You are welcome, DPI is always a issues for Windows, except smartphone.  :)

Jeremy Collake

Process Lasso uses the default font in all locations *except* the captions on the core utilization and RAM Graphs. Are those what you are talking about?
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.