Keeps asking me to activate it over and over and over

Started by gamesturbator, May 13, 2014, 12:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamesturbator

I'm on Windows 8.1 x64 BTW I have a legitimate lifetime registration. I reboot my computer and the dialogue comes up to activate, I enter my name and key, it says successful activation, I close that and the box asking me to activate it is still open. Whether I close it or click continue Lasso then closes completely. I can't get it to run after that. I reboot, wash, rinse, repeat! This is driving me nuts. I depend on this program and have for a long time.

And after activating (again and again)

I've redownloaded, reinstalled, not much else I can think up.

Jeremy Collake

Hmm, something must be interfering with it, or it's registration. It sounds like its process is 'stuck', which is why it won't run when you try to launch it again. You could terminate 'processlasso.exe', then it would surely start for you.

But the question is: Why is it getting 'stuck'? Well, it is probably waiting for some security software action - at least that's the most common culprit. Security software blocks programs while it scans whatever they are accessing. In this case, it's accessing the web.

Please check your security software history and logs to see if it has taken any action, and/or try disabling it. I will also send an email that may help.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

gamesturbator

It's been going on a long time, I just got frustrated enough to try and get some answers. I've always used Malwarebytes and MSE, and ESET only very recently. Usually, one would expect them to give a warning when they think something is "suspicious". Anyway, I ran a complete uninstall with a registry clean using Windows 8 Manager from Yamicsoft, then reinstalled it after a reboot. Appears to be fixed. If it happens again I'll let you know. Thanks for getting back to me.

BenYeeHua

Good to hear about that, so did you using 3 anti-virus now, or it is just a history? :)

gamesturbator

Just using Eset with Malwarebytes. Ran Malwarebytes for years thinking it covered viruses, too. I had no idea there was a difference, but according to them one needs an Antivirus to go with it.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: gamesturbator on May 14, 2014, 10:15:24 PM
Just using Eset with Malwarebytes. Ran Malwarebytes for years thinking it covered viruses, too. I had no idea there was a difference, but according to them one needs an Antivirus to go with it.
Yes, you need anti-virus for scanning virus, it is just a issues that you need real-time monitoring anti-virus or not, which affecting performance.

And there is difference, like false report, and how often it will know there is a new viruses, and also a new unknown viruses.

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: gamesturbator on May 14, 2014, 10:15:24 PM

That's a sure way to a slow PC ;). It's best to just use Windows Defender, now built into Windows. It quietly works in the background. You may never notice it, as they aren't trying to sell you anything or bolster their 'detection reputation'. It is not only fast and FREE, but has the lowest false positive rate.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

BenYeeHua

Quote from: support on May 15, 2014, 12:39:07 PM
That's a sure way to a slow PC ;). It's best to just use Windows Defender, now built into Windows. It quietly works in the background. You may never notice it, as they aren't trying to sell you anything or bolster their 'detection reputation'. It is not only fast and FREE, but has the lowest false positive rate.
And they(MA, Microsoft Anti-Malware) will start killing PUS(potentially unwanted software) in the future, which increase the "Virus" kill rate too.
MA also having the function to repair the system files if it is broken, by downloading form MS server, this is a function that no any other anti-virus can provided. ;)

PS:The Windows Defender that we are talking about is for Windows 8, not Windows 7, you can use MSE or SCEP for system like Windows 7 and below. :)

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/mmpc/shared/ObjectiveCriteria.aspx