White graph line? New to me...

Started by bluelake, October 02, 2009, 11:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluelake

After running Process Lasso for about a year I saw something on the graph on the top of the page I had never seen before and is not on the color key showing what color line stands for what.  It is a white or off white color line.Could anybody tell me what this is?   I took a screenshot but I don't see a way to attach a .jpg or insert an image to this message. Thanks!

Jeremy Collake

The white line represents the historical CPU utilization of the process(es) you've selected in the list. So, if you want to know how much CPU process X was using over time, you simply select that process in the list and the white line is drawn. You can select multiple processes and their cumulative usage is drawn.

The absence from the graph legend is because of these reasons:
1. I couldn't draw white on the graph legend since it has a whitish background
2. The graph legend gets a little large and convoluted with a fifth entry

In the meantime, perhaps I can add a one time message box or something that tells users about it.. Hmm..
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

bluelake

Aaahh, now I understand.  Nice feature, thank you for bringing me up to speed!

jamesraykenney

Wow!  I figured out the white line myself, but I did not know you could select multiple processes at once!!! That is VERY useful.

By the way... I just found out you could make the graph legend disappear by clicking on it. I was always annoyed by how much of the graph it covered up, and now I am happy!!! :)

Jeremy Collake

Quote from: jamesraykenney on October 18, 2009, 03:21:45 PM
I was always annoyed by how much of the graph it covered up, and now I am happy!!! :)

Yes, I should keep these features less secret ;)
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.