Feature suggestion: Processes to run together

Started by Scott, December 18, 2009, 09:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Just a respectful suggestion.  I have a few applications that always need to be run in tandem.  Usually they're something like a client/server application and a proxy application that it depends on.  I don't like running them all, all the time.

I tend to rely on command scripts to ensure that the right things are running (e.g. run the proxy if it's not already running, then start the other application), but that gets tiring and kludgy.

One example is a browser (e.g. Firefox) and a web-filtering application (e.g. Ad Muncher).  Another example is a BitTorrent client (e.g. uTorrent) and an IP blocker (e.g. PeerGuardian).  Yet another example is an email client (e.g. Thunderbird) and a spam-filtering application (e.g. SpamPal)...

So in essence, this feature would ensure that if one specified application was started, the other(s) would be automatically started immediately after.

Jeremy Collake

That is a good idea, and I can certainly see how it would be useful. I will see what I can do in a future version. Thanks for the suggestion.
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.