Recommended settings when installing on remote desktop server

Started by processjuggler, September 09, 2014, 11:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

processjuggler

Hello, I was wondering whether there is an install guide specifically for installing process lasso on a remote desktop server.

Will the default settings, straight out of the box, be sufficient?

I'm trying out process lasso on a RDS 2012 R2 server, we are having problems with high cpu spikes caused by Google Chrome sessions and unfortunately microsoft stripped the build in tool to manage/limit cpu resource, so have been looking for an alternative, process lasso seems to fit the bill.

I was impressed by running the pro balance demo on my laptop and am hoping to see the same results on a remote desktop server.

BenYeeHua

I don't think there is a guide for it yet...

But you can just try the default settings first, as I don't has a server to try, but I think the responsiveness should be showing it is good enough or not. :)

processjuggler

I installed it last night, took several tries to get it just the way I wanted it, at first I didn't install it as a service and every user logging on would get a pop up screen asking which language to choose.

After installing as a service, setting password for configuration changes, not allowing GUI except for admin it was finally installed and so that was it, no users were logged on, no way to test the normal load.

This morning I logged onto the rds server and WOW! What a difference this software makes, more than 25 users logged on and cpu staying around 60% with short peaks over 90%, user logon is fast, starting applications is fast, overall feel is very responsive, even memory usage has gone down.

Yesterday with same amount of users logged on, cpu hovered for prolonged time around 100% and users were complaining about network problems, that the system wasn't responding.

Am I glad I came across your product, as soon as I'm at the office I'll try to find someone who can flash a creditcard so we can purchase licenses.

Thank you!

BenYeeHua

Good to hear about that. :)

QuoteThis morning I logged onto the rds server and WOW! What a difference this software makes, more than 25 users logged on and cpu staying around 60% with short peaks over 90%, user logon is fast, starting applications is fast, overall feel is very responsive, even memory usage has gone down.
And I think the memory usage is a interesting case, it can because the apps start up is much faster, as when the apps is starting up, it will using many memory.
Or the Chrome found that it is too stutter, so it don't GC/clean up the memory which will causing more stutter.

But ya, you may just compare the memory usage by process than the system total memory usage, which is more easier to understanding why memory usage will be reducing. ;)
---
Anyways, Process Lasso is a good product from Bitsum, most of the time you just need the default settings, and it provide more settings if you think it need some tweak. :D