pdf for user manual?

Started by Bandy, January 04, 2010, 07:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandy

Hello,

Wanted to know if a pdf, or other printable format, was available for PL user manual?  I see the online version at http://www.bitsum.com/docs/pl/ but cannot print it off effectively as it only prints the screen page of each section. 

Some of us old timers like paper versions for reference...

PS: PL purchase & download was nice and simple.

Jeremy Collake

First, thanks for your business.

I'm sorry, but I don't have have the documentation readily available in a printable format. I can put that together, and I will put that on my TODO list. I can't say when I'll get it done, but hopefully soon. I need to go ahead and create a CHM for the help file anyway.

The good news is that in the meantime, there aren't really that many pages in the documentation, so its not too awfully tedious to print each one (though I admit its no fun and not time efficient). You should be able to print the entirety of each page, instead of just what is visible on the screen.. in theory at least ;o

Sorry I don't have a better answer for this one.. if I had the time right this second, I'd go and put it together now. Unfortunately, I'm pressed for time. This new v3.80 is already behind schedule, and I've got customers waiting on PECompact maintenance as well ;(. I can maybe get to it some time this week though...

Thanks
Software Engineer. Bitsum LLC.

Jeremy Collake

I still have not finished this, but have not forgot it either... hang in there ;)

Jeremy Collake

Since I now realize the documentation is something many users find important, I have been working A LOT on the GUI docs, adding many new features not previously listed. It is a lot of work, especially for a programmer who isn't inclined towards documentation efforts. I plan to compile it all together once I get these new edits finished.